• The KillerFrogs

Should have played Shawn robinson

Ron Swanson

from the Jackson State game:

Shawn Robinson 5/7 94 13.4 2 0 89.4

So..am I wrong on the RS Busted thing? Cause I really don't think I am, and obviously he played...so, please explain. Otherwise, chill out
Every single year, some posters think that people are allowed to play a certain amount of time before burning their red shirt. The real rule is that if you play one play your red shirt is burned.

I think a lot of people get the medical redshirt rule confused with the traditional red shirt.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Every single year, some posters think that people are allowed to play a certain amount of time before burning their red shirt. The real rule is that if you play one play your red shirt is burned.

I think a lot of people get the medical redshirt rule confused with the traditional red shirt.

Guilty as charged. As simple as it is many can get confused because red-shirting is not necessarily stamped in concrete if you do fall to injury during the 1st part of the season. Here it is in black and white. "As it stands, a player burns his red-shirt the second he enters a game. He can only get it back if he suffers a season-ending injury before he plays in four games."

And Shadow Dweller was indeed correct.

hindry

once again you all get easily distracted, like a frosh QB having only a few snaps coming in to a tuff game. say like next saturday when KH either gets injured or reverts to form.

this is a coaching miss. of course you give your 2nd string QB reps when play will allow , or even if it doesn't . what is more important, a win against Smoo or the Oky dokes? one is non-conference and doesn't matter, the other is the difference between a play off slot and oblivion.

maybe there is some science behind not giving your 2nd in command any playing time. it seems counter-intuitive to me. .

maybe the team psychologist thinks the momentum of a big win trumps experience behind center for the back -up.

i rather think coaches aren't genius and get blinkered when all is good on the gridiron and love the big margin win.

its wasn't until foster sawyer actually got behind center that we found out he was all hat and no cattle. is that robinson? are coaches hiding something?

best we found out yesterday than next saturday

Shadow Dweller

I think the coaching staff wanted to give every possible snap to KH. He was having a career day. Let him and his teammates continue to build their confidence and keep the rythem going into next weeks game. I see that as a smart decision.
A career day? No. not really. Yeah, his stat line looked good, but I still wasn't really overly impressed. His big gainers were catch and run by Snell that was 90% Snell, and a Hail Mary the the SMOO defenders didn't try to defend. Minus those two passes, yes his completion % was still good and I won't knock that, but his stat line was 22/28 for 256yd's. Like I said, good, yes, but not a "career day".

I will say he avoided the picks, and about half(?) of the incompletions were due to drops. I'm still just not sold on Hill completely.

SuperTFrog

I think the coaching staff wanted to give every possible snap to KH. He was having a career day. Let him and his teammates continue to build their confidence and keep the rythem going into next weeks game. I see that as a smart decision.
I don't think his "career day" was bolstered by handing the ball off 10 out of the last 11 plays.

HeidelFrog

A career day? No. not really. Yeah, his stat line looked good, but I still wasn't really overly impressed. His big gainers were catch and run by Snell that was 90% Snell, and a Hail Mary the the SMOO defenders didn't try to defend. Minus those two passes, yes his completion % was still good and I won't knock that, but his stat line was 22/28 for 256yd's. Like I said, good, yes, but not a "career day".

I will say he avoided the picks, and about half(?) of the incompletions were due to drops. I'm still just not sold on Hill completely.
"Career day" can be subjective. I would consider an 80% completion percentage with 365 passing yards (not 256) and 4 TD's, a career day. He looked good. Only one other time in his career did he pass for more TD's. He could of matched or surpassed that yesterday with the way he was playing. He needed that game and I'm glad he got to stay in.

HeidelFrog

Looking at the pros and cons of playing SR, I think the right decision was made.

-KH was playing good and most likely wanted to stay in the game. Let him enjoy it and get some more reps going into next week. He is the starter and needs the reps.

-If you put SR in and he looks good "in a no pressure situation" that's just more ammo for the KH haters and more pressure on KH. He was noticely boo'd at home on a day he passed for 365 yards and 4 TD's.

Joe1000

our coaches had an awful day. It's ok. We all have them. Yesterday was theirs. Not playing Shawn was just one of about 10!really awful and stupid decisions they made. (Yes I love Gary and I realize he's forgot more football than I ever knew....he/they still had a terrible mistake filled day)

HeidelFrog

our coaches had an awful day. It's ok. We all have them. Yesterday was theirs. Not playing Shawn was just one of about 10!really awful and stupid decisions they made. (Yes I love Gary and I realize he's forgot more football than I ever knew....he/they still had a terrible mistake filled day)
I will take awful coaching days that result in 20 point wins and 3-0 starts all day, every day....

ftwfrog

To quote the great Clark w. Griswold, "you know what I think? I think you're all darned in the head."

We're up 20. Not 45. Comebacks happen and even wackier boat happens against your rival. You play to win today. Turning and handing the ball off 10 times isn't going to get SR ready for Big 12 play.

Kenny Hill had a great day. Let's just applaud the young man and move on to Oklahoma State.

LisaLT

I think they kept Hill in the game due to the fact that even with 8 minutes left in the 4th, the game was never 100% secured. We know how easy it is to see a 21 point lead evaporate in 8 minutes in the 4th. I look forward to seeing Shawn play too, but I understand why Hill finished this game.

Frog-in-law1995

I'd LOVE to hear what the other nine really awful stupid decisions our coaches made yesterday were.

Tom Brown

You heard it here. Shadow Dweller has given us another gift.

ThisIsOurTime

OP, opinions vary on this topic. I tend to belleve you should be looking for opportunities to get the backup QB game experience in as many games as possible and think they could have done so at the end of the game especially where they were just doing handoffs. I view this as also a way to guard against a possible injury to the starter and as extra motivation for the backup QB to stay ready throughout the season.

But our coaches have never shared this perspective and normally only play the backup when there is a big blowout early on in the game or the starter gets hurt. I am not convinced the continuity argument is a significant one but it is prevalent in college football these days.

ShreveFrog

I hated it when we gave up that last long a td pass to Proche that got them back within 3 td's. I think we would've seen SR if we had stayed up 4.

SR needs game reps in case KH goes down. Plus grow into the position because someone has to start vs. tOSU next year.

Double V

Looking at the pros and cons of playing SR, I think the right decision was made.

-KH was playing good and most likely wanted to stay in the game. Let him enjoy it and get some more reps going into next week. He is the starter and needs the reps.

-If you put SR in and he looks good "in a no pressure situation" that's just more ammo for the KH haters and more pressure on KH. He was noticely boo'd at home on a day he passed for 365 yards and 4 TD's.
Well I don't care who you are, when you don't notice Nixon directly in your line of site THAT wide open and the throw a bounce pass to nobody you deserve a [ What the heck? ] boo. Thankfully he got Nixon the TD he deserved later that drive.

Latest posts