• The KillerFrogs

SEC Title Game...I mean National Championship

How many of yall will watch the SEC Title Game part 2?

• ESPN needs my help, of course I will watch

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Would rather cut my arm off

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

kidkarr

He was a freshman phenom for most of the year.

Kind of like what we are looking at and hoping for next year.

They were able to hide him due to playing inferior talent most of the year. Great runner, but bama took that away and exposed his flaws. No knock on the kid cause he’s a freshman, but on the big stage you can’t be one dimensional.

Edit. I too thought he was a Freshman. As a junior who got to play behind Watson, he needs to be better.

Snoop1122

I am not watching SEC champ game Part 2. I am not watching until the committee and playoffs are done correctly... The committee showed champ game means nothing past two years. It's just a beauty pageant between the best programs not best teams. UCF never even got a shot at the top 4 after going undefeated.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The SEC and ESPN can go pound sand. Oh, and the "Committee" didn't get squat right: Did everybody just forget about the miserable excuse for a Cotton Bowl? I mean, USC? Please...

ftwfrog

I’m not kidding when I say this, will there be one or two writers out there that put UCF a top their AP poll?

Auburn beat UGA. Auburn beat Alabama. UCF beat Auburn and everyone else on their schedule.

If I remember correctly there was one or two guys that put us at #1 after the Rose Bowl victory.

Spike

You guys will hate me for this but I have 7 Bama grads in my family. I will be watching.

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
You guys will hate me for this but I have 7 Bama grads in my family. I will be watching.
giphy.gif

Spike

If I remember correctly there was one or two guys that put us at #1 after the Rose Bowl victory.

Clearly these were right thinking, God fearing Patriotic Americans.

There was also a push for Utah after they waxed Bama in the Sugar back about 8 years ago.

I have no beef w/ UCF getting some #1 votes.

FBallFan123

I am not watching SEC champ game Part 2. I am not watching until the committee and playoffs are done correctly... The committee showed champ game means nothing past two years. It's just a beauty pageant between the best programs not best teams. UCF never even got a shot at the top 4 after going undefeated.

Well, the committee showed out of conference results matter....and Clemson beat Auburn, while Ohio State lost at home to Oklahoma.

Ohio State lost two games by a combined 46 points.

I'm not all that sympathetic to their argument for being in the Playoff.

tcufrogprince1

Im glad to see I'm not the only one. lol Even if they are the best two teams I cant make myself go see another SEC game. For the very fact that four teams is a very limited sample size, they should never take two teams from the same conference. If we went by that standard, everyone already believes the SEC is the best anyways. Why not have the top 4 teams from the SEC play each other. Its not an SEC championship game. Alabama lost and I think they will lose to Georgia. That makes the championship pointless. Throw UFC or Ohio State in there. At least the general fans of college football get games they want to see. SEC could win every year and I still dont think they should take more than one just for the perspective of entertainment. I watch football to be entertained. Im curious to see what might happen. Georgia vs Alabama is about as boring as it gets for two teams I dont regularly watch. The bowl games are always fun to watch because it pits teams who dont otherwise play each other. Bottom line....I want to be entertained more than I want the best two teams in the championship game. Knowing who those are is all relative anyways.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Applying logic and reason to the committee's process is folly. At the end of every season there will always be a handful of teams that anyone, given enough mental gymnastics, can ascribe a reason for being invited to play for that abomination of a trophy. As long as D1 Football utilizes an invitational format to decide their champion instead of a true playoff format giving preferential consideration to all of the division's conference champions then each year will continuously devolve into a pissing contest with numerous post hoc ergo propter hoc arguments.

Wexahu

Bottom line....I want to be entertained more than I want the best two teams in the championship game.

Wow is all I have to say to that. Are you serious?

I'm looking forward to it. There will be a ton of talent on the field and yards and points should be at a premium, which should make for an interesting chess match of a game.

Westsider

really - after tonight you think Clemson was #1?

OU and that Bakerballsack would have hung 100 on Clemson tonight.

That doesn't mean they would have won it all - but there are 7 teams that could have beat Clemson easily that didn't make the playoffs.

And if you watched Auburn vs Alabama during the season - there is NO WAY you can say that Alabama is better than Auburn even after Auburn got pounded by UGA in the SEC CCG.

Auburn owned Bama during the regular season - so does that mean they should get another shot at Bama if they beat UGA?

Basically for the second time in 4 years the committee has shown that CCG games mean nothing except to kick you out of the playoff picture...

I'm saying, prior to last night, the committee placed the best four teams in the CFP. Clemson is the defending champion with only one loss, albeit a stupid loss to Cuse. Alabama and Georgia are one loss teams, yes both to a great Auburn team, but Auburn is a three loss team (one to Clemson) so you can't put them in. Sorry. And Ohio State is out because of Karma. No other team deserved to be in the CFP to the exclusion of the four that are in. With the benefit of hindsight, sure you can make different assumptions, but that's not the point.

Im glad to see I'm not the only one. lol Even if they are the best two teams I cant make myself go see another SEC game. For the very fact that four teams is a very limited sample size, they should never take two teams from the same conference. If we went by that standard, everyone already believes the SEC is the best anyways. Why not have the top 4 teams from the SEC play each other. Its not an SEC championship game. Alabama lost and I think they will lose to Georgia. That makes the championship pointless. Throw UFC or Ohio State in there. At least the general fans of college football get games they want to see. SEC could win every year and I still dont think they should take more than one just for the perspective of entertainment. I watch football to be entertained. Im curious to see what might happen. Georgia vs Alabama is about as boring as it gets for two teams I dont regularly watch. The bowl games are always fun to watch because it pits teams who dont otherwise play each other. Bottom line....I want to be entertained more than I want the best two teams in the championship game. Knowing who those are is all relative anyways.
“Don’t otherwise play each other”. But not so much in the SEC where you hardly ever play teams in the other division. aTm has been in the SEC as long as we’ve been in big 12 and have yet to play UGA. Bama hasn’t played them In the regular season since 2008 Meanwhile, We’ve played everybody in our conference 6 times now. Not saying that makes it an interesting game just pointing out the BS the $EC gets away with.

Wexahu

“Don’t otherwise play each other”. But not so much in the SEC where you hardly ever play teams in the other division. aTm has been in the SEC as long as we’ve been in big 12 and have yet to play UGA. Bama hasn’t played them In the regular season since 2008 Meanwhile, We’ve played everybody in our conference 6 times now. Not saying that makes it an interesting game just pointing out the BS the $EC gets away with.

And prior to this year everyone was talking about how much Georgia sucked and how overrated they are every year. I get what you are saying, but if you don’t think they could have managed to get through a round robin Big 12 schedule this year at 8-1 or better I don’t know what to tell you. They are good. Their running game and defense would be a load for Big 12 teams to handle.

French Frog

TCU won their bowl game! At that point the season ended for me. I watched OU out of loyalty to the Big 12. I have no interest in watching schools from which I have no geographic ties, academic ties or conference ties. Football starts again in August.