• The KillerFrogs

Seattle looks to dump Boykin

hindry

That's really bad news coming out of Seattle, via an ESPN commentator. The Seahawks are strongly considering drafting the California quarterback, Davis Webb is his name?, who was several years at Tech. If they do, Boykin will be gone. A real shame.
That's really bad news coming out of Seattle, via an ESPN commentator. The Seahawks are strongly considering drafting the California quarterback, Davis Webb is his name?, who was several years at Tech. If they do, Boykin will be gone. A real shame.

hindry

if memory serves, season opener 2014, or 13, davis started, TCU behin but not by much and Davis got hurt. so walk- on backup QB comes on and i am thinking, "we got this in the bag".

his name was baker mayfield.

If Boykin is in jail and can't play during the season Seattle has to find another QB. I can't believe after his second chance in San Antonio he couldn't wait until off probation to drink, smoke pot, etc. Self Inflicted and does reflect on TCU in a negative light. I still like Boykin and want him to succeed in life not just football. I hope he gets help and gets it together.

GoFrog Yourself

if memory serves, season opener 2014, or 13, davis started, TCU behin but not by much and Davis got hurt. so walk- on backup QB comes on and i am thinking, "we got this in the bag".

his name was baker mayfield.
Was actually the other way around. Baker was starting, threw three picks, and got hurt. Webb came in and threw a touchdown pass to seal it

TechAdvisor

RollRoad, I love this video of the Tech folk in apparent shock at what's just happened, but I can't remember who they were playing (us?) or what was going on. Fill me in?

Tech was playing Oklahoma State. Was driving to take the lead, Webb takes off running and had his ankle rolled up on. Webb leaves the game and true freshman Patrick Mahomes took his first collegiate snap. He proceeds to fumble the snap, pick the ball up and as he's being tackled he flings the ball toward a WR, ball was tipped and intercepted.

TechAdvisor

Assuming that's true, was it Tuberville that got all that talent to Lubbock? If I recall correctly, Webb and Mayfield battled their freshman year and Mahomes supplanted them both. How the hell can anyone get that much QB talent to go to Lubbock?

Kingsbury recruited and signed Webb and Mahomes. Tech also recruited Mayfield but ultimately didn't offer him because Webb was clearly the better QB and Webb had already committed. Tech eventually offered Mayfield a preferred walk-on spot and he accepted.

TechAdvisor

Was actually the other way around. Baker was starting, threw three picks, and got hurt. Webb came in and threw a touchdown pass to seal it

Mayfield was the inferior QB. Once Webb got injured, Mayfield tried his best to get TCU the win. Fortunately, Webb came back in and threw the game winning TD pass.