• The KillerFrogs

Seattle looks to dump Boykin

TRF51

Webb is a top 5 qb in this years draft, he has a ton of talent. Boykin was not drafted and most thought his mess up at the Alamo bowl had little to do with that.

If I were the Seahawks I would protect my team and draft or bring someone else in.

This is on Boykin, I hope they keep him and it all works out for him.

Tom Brown

Here's my big board for top duel threats:

hamilton-burr-duel-1804-granger.jpg

Wild-and-Woolly-Hare-07.JPG

yu-gi-oh.jpg
I finally got to hear the Hamilton soundtrack start to finish, it was great.

Pharm Frog

Webb is a top 5 qb in this years draft, he has a ton of talent. Boykin was not drafted and most thought his mess up at the Alamo bowl had little to do with that.

If I were the Seahawks I would protect my team and draft or bring someone else in.

This is on Boykin, I hope they keep him and it all works out for him.

I don't follow the NFL or the draft thing too closely but I thought TB was projected to go in the middle rounds somewhere. Likely wrong because I recall virtually nothing football-related that happened after the Alamo Bowl. Did he have a poor combine or pro day?

Bob

Boykin just needs to stay out of redneck states like Texas. Nobody in Seattle would care if he had some weed in his pocket.

TRF51

I don't follow the NFL or the draft thing too closely but I thought TB was projected to go in the middle rounds somewhere. Likely wrong because I recall virtually nothing football-related that happened after the Alamo Bowl. Did he have a poor combine or pro day?

His stock dropped after the combine and the east west shrine game. He did get an invite to the senior bowl as a WR, he declined.

He very well could have been drafted in the later rounds but he was thought of as either a slow WR or a FA QB. Most thought he had no chance at qb. They were able obviously wrong and Seattle is a perfect fit for him. He fits their system and maybe a few other teams but not many.

TRF51

I think we all want Boykin to succeed, I know I do but I am also realistic, they call it the NFL for a reason and he put himself in his situation.

AEAfrog

If Seattle spends a draft pick on Davis Webb (likely to require a second round pick), it says more about their commitment to Russell Wilson than anything else.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Webb is a top 5 qb in this years draft, he has a ton of talent.

Haven't kept up with draft projections, so I'll assume you're accurately reflecting the consensus.

Assuming that's true, was it Tuberville that got all that talent to Lubbock? If I recall correctly, Webb and Mayfield battled their freshman year and Mahomes supplanted them both. How the hell can anyone get that much QB talent to go to Lubbock?

Last edited:

f_399

Whenever you have a mobile QB, the risk of injury is higher.

Drafting a QB does not show any less commitment to Russell Wilson. He took them to the super bowl twice and won it once.

He wasn't 100% last year either, wasn't he injured?

AEAfrog

Whenever you have a mobile QB, the risk of injury is higher.

Drafting a QB does not show any less commitment to Russell Wilson. He took them to the super bowl twice and won it once.

He wasn't 100% last year either, wasn't he injured?

It does if you draft that QB in the second round. That's a high value pick for a guy you don't plan to use.

TRF51

Haven't kept up with draft projections, so I'll assignment you're accurately reflecting the consensu

Assuming that's true, was it Tuberville that got all that talent to Lubbock? If I recall correctly, Webb and Mayfield battled their freshman year and Mahomes supplanted them both. How the hell can anyone get that much QB talent to go to Lubbock?

Yea that is crazy if you think about it, 2 in the top 5 this year and if Mayfield came out this year it could have been 3 of the top 6 or 7. All of that and not a lot of wins.