• The KillerFrogs

Scouting OkState

FROG PARENTS 1961

Has everyone forgotten our game last year? We held Rudolph to 17-34 passing for 207 yards and 1 touchdown. We were only down 10-6 at half time. Our defense played well, they just got tired and broke down in the second due to our small D-line and phenomenally inept offense who couldn't stay on the field to save their life.

Ranthony Texada, Julius Lewis, and Jeff Gladney will be among the best, if not the best cornerback set OSU will play all year. This OSU offense absolutely cannot be stopped, but maybe they can be slowed. The key to this game on defense is going to be bend but not break. Look at our defensive game plan in the 2016 vs 2015 game. Stop the deep ball at all costs, have the safeties back and make sure they don't bite. Make OSU go 10 plays for a touchdown rather than 1 play for a touchdown. They can absolutely score either way, but the more plays it takes them, the more chances we get lucky with a holding or false start or fumble or interception or sack or block in the back. And once they get in the end zone it's a shortened field which negates some of their speed and talent at wide out. If we can hold OSU's offense to the 35/40 point range, we have a chance. If they score 55/60, obviously we have no chance.

On offense we have to stay on the field at all costs. Hold on to the ball, grind out first downs, burn clock, give our defense a rest, and keep the ball away from OSU. We can't have any bad center snaps, we can't have any unforced fumbles, and we can't have any triple coverage interceptions. Kenny needs to keep playing well the way he did against SMU, safe football while making good throws coverting key 3rd downs. We will probably also need Kenny to hit on a deep ball or two at some point in the game.

I think Oklahoma State wins this game, they are so good, but I think TCU can compete and have a chance at winning if we bring our absolute best A+ game. If we play a mistake filled game, OSU will be able to name their score.

Nice take on things that will be coming soon. I want to add some thoughts about the TCU run game. While both teams can get it done on the ground game I am seeing TCU with the better defensive front. Clogging up the middle is paramount next week. Going over the stats it looks like Justice Hill is the top back (6 yards per) but like the Frogs they have others. I think we out gain them on the ground and that doesn't include the QBs. Hill will get his runs in also. While Mason is good at avoiding sacks and moving around Hill is better. Kenny makes the Lizards real tough when he is looking at the 1st down marker and going after it from the pocket or when it's a designs KH run. Our interior Dline and our DBs have much more depth this year too. We will need the power five ready linemen to keep this area from fatigue. At WR they have the best player (Washington) lets give them. But TCU is totally stacked also and has major time depth. I see this game as two teams getting after it who both could and should be ranked in the top 10 before the game. Apples to apples I can see TCU winning. Both teams have amazing coaching and both teams want to control the tempo and play the kind of football that they play each week. Like a basketball game the Frogs need to realize that you don't fastbreak with a fastbreak team all day. Slow down and play deliberate and get some scores while going for the airiel attacks to keep OSU honesat and because we like that part of us too. Our special teams look good to great so far but kicking could hurt us. Fingers crossed, actually uncrossed and in the frog position.

Bizarro Frog

I have a feeling his game will kind of be like the last one we won in West Virginia. We hung around and the D took over the 4th Q.

Go Frogs!!!!!

tetonfrog

Has everyone forgotten our game last year? We held Rudolph to 17-34 passing for 207 yards and 1 touchdown. We were only down 10-6 at half time. Our defense played well, they just got tired and broke down in the second due to our small D-line and phenomenally inept offense who couldn't stay on the field to save their life.

GP played a deep zone last year against the Pokes. He dared Gundy to run the ball and OSU absolutely pounded us on the ground. They ran for over 350 yards and Hill and Carson ran for 100+ yards. They just wore us out and converted red-zone TDs in the second half to blow us out at ACS.

I know we are bigger and better on the DL, but they will have to step up. Last year was ugly. I hope things turn out better this year! Converting on 4th down would be a good start for the Frogs. It would certainly help our morale.

FROG PARENTS 1961

I have a feeling his game will kind of be like the last one we won in West Virginia. We hung around and the D took over the 4th Q.

Go Frogs!!!!!
I was at the Mountaineers Game in 2012 when Boykin and "The baby frogs" beat the home team in double overtime on a two point conversion. Best game I have ever been to. That's me and my young son at the 2:09:09 game winning moment had a TCU banner laying over the front row while the majority of our fans were nearby in the corner. 39-38

Planks

GP played a deep zone last year against the Pokes. He dared Gundy to run the ball and OSU absolutely pounded us on the ground. They ran for over 350 yards and Hill and Carson ran for 100+ yards. They just wore us out and converted red-zone TDs in the second half to blow us out at ACS.

I'm fine with that. Let them run on us. 350 rushing yards only got them 31 points last year. If they only score 31 points on us this year, we have a chance to win.

What we don't want to happen is our 2015 defensive gameplan. We let them throw deep on us, and they made it 28-9 before we could blink. If we let that happen this year, we have no chance. We can't win a shootout with Oklahoma State.

We must stop the deep ball at all costs.

Wexahu

I'm fine with that. Let them run on us. 350 rushing yards only got them 31 points last year. If they only score 31 points on us this year, we have a chance to win.

What we don't want to happen is our 2015 defensive gameplan. We let them throw deep on us, and they made it 28-9 before we could blink. If we let that happen this year, we have no chance. We can't win a shootout with Oklahoma State.

We must stop the deep ball at all costs.

I agree. It kinda goes against our defense DNA, as typically GPs defenses are susceptible to the deep pass, but against this team I'd try and take that option away as much as possible.

As of now, in a weird way, I gotta good feeling about this game. Just from a psychological standpoint, OSU is kind of on top of world right now, they probably think they are unstoppable. That can work in our favor.

The Frogs' vulnerability against any team that possesses an effective deep passing threat

is of particular concern. Regrettably, Okie Lite with Mason Rudolph at QB represents the

essence of such a threat. There were time of Saturday that our seasoned DB appeared to

be somewhat perplexed.