• The KillerFrogs

Scouting OkState

MinFrog

Put me in the camp that thinks it will be a close game, but OSU should be a TD favorite.

But the boys should be up for this game more than the SMU game. Also, I am hopeful that Cumbie hasn't hiked his skirt very far and GP always something up his sleeve.

Except to see more Regaor, Snell, and Turpin. Also, hopefully Porter and Taj get it together to give us size on the outside.

It will be a different team from a gameplan standpoint than the first three. Hopefully they are more ready to play than they were today.

FrogLifeYo

The good news for us is that haven't seen anybody with our speed on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately if we have to bring 7 people in the box to get pressure we will be down 4 TDs at the half.

Last week Someone mentioned in another thread that TOP is an overrated stat in today's game because offenses play so fast...It's going to mean a ton against OSU. If we are going to win we will need to try and use our run game to control possession and keep their offense off the field. I don't know that we can keep pace in a back and forth offensive game

LVH

This Oklahoma State game is only going to be the 2nd time since we joined the Big 12 where I do not think we will win the game. The other time was 2015 Oklahoma once Boykin was out.

From what I saw today I don't think we will be able to do enough defensively. We did not do a good job of pressuring their QB and only forced turnovers when SMU was forcing things at the end. Secondary had too many breakdowns and too many missed tackles from all units. We also benefitted from SMU's QB overthrowing receivers and missing, mistakes Rudolph won't make. Our defense over the years has lived & died by the defensive line and they didn't do the job today.

I dont think Oklahoma State's defense has been tested, so I think we can do some damage against their secondary. I just don't think we will be able to keep up if it gets into a shootout, and from what I saw defensively today that is what the game will be.

ifrog

OK state would beat the 4th ranked team in the nation (USC) by 20. TCU always plays OU tough. This will be our most difficult game but as someone pointed out at least we have time to recover if we lose.

Wexahu

I don't know if we'll beat them but what happened today, Okie State looking unstoppable and us sort of struggling through part of our game, was the best thing that could've happened going into this game. GP will have their attention all week. The kids probably know if they aren't ready to bring it next Saturday, the result could be ugly.

FROG PARENTS 1961

They will destroy our tremendously porous secondary. I expect at least 5 TD passes from OSU.
Mason Rudolph is a terrific quarterback who does not make many mistakes. That said he had 3 TD passes each of the 1st two games and another 5 vs Pitt yesterday. He has only thrown 1 INT (yesterday) TCU will be playing the pass and making OSU run the ball. Do not expect at least 5 Touchdown passes from the Pokies. The Horned Lizards will match up well with these guys and Kenny Hill will be at his best as will take all the attention on Rudolph and this QB comparison personal.

tetonfrog

The first thing we have to do is survive the first quarter. No MR bombs. No pick-6 turnovers.It seems like the Frogs always fall behind early in Stillwater and can't recover.

But if we can run the ball, avoid turnovers and play strong D in the red zone then we have a chance.

FrogLifeYo

If we can keep from getting down early we could give them a game. If our old habit of showing up to play when the second quarter starts rears itself we'll get humiliated.

Pharm Frog

Two things concern me about this game more than others....in order,

1. Missed tackles equal yardage against SMU, Jackson State, and Arkie. Missed tackles equal six points against Okie Lite, and
  2. Okie Lite feasts off of turnovers. Lose the turnover margin and lose the game. Lose the turnover margin by two or more and lose the game in a big way.

Planks

Has everyone forgotten our game last year? We held Rudolph to 17-34 passing for 207 yards and 1 touchdown. We were only down 10-6 at half time. Our defense played well, they just got tired and broke down in the second due to our small D-line and phenomenally inept offense who couldn't stay on the field to save their life.

Ranthony Texada, Julius Lewis, and Jeff Gladney will be among the best, if not the best cornerback set OSU will play all year. This OSU offense absolutely cannot be stopped, but maybe they can be slowed. The key to this game on defense is going to be bend but not break. Look at our defensive game plan in the 2016 vs 2015 game. Stop the deep ball at all costs, have the safeties back and make sure they don't bite. Make OSU go 10 plays for a touchdown rather than 1 play for a touchdown. They can absolutely score either way, but the more plays it takes them, the more chances we get lucky with a holding or false start or fumble or interception or sack or block in the back. And once they get in the end zone it's a shortened field which negates some of their speed and talent at wide out. If we can hold OSU's offense to the 35/40 point range, we have a chance. If they score 55/60, obviously we have no chance.

On offense we have to stay on the field at all costs. Hold on to the ball, grind out first downs, burn clock, give our defense a rest, and keep the ball away from OSU. We can't have any bad center snaps, we can't have any unforced fumbles, and we can't have any triple coverage interceptions. Kenny needs to keep playing well the way he did against SMU, safe football while making good throws coverting key 3rd downs. We will probably also need Kenny to hit on a deep ball or two at some point in the game.

I think Oklahoma State wins this game, they are so good, but I think TCU can compete and have a chance at winning if we bring our absolute best A+ game. If we play a mistake filled game, OSU will be able to name their score.