• The KillerFrogs

Running Game Question

SuperTFrog

j

I said it wasn't a HUGE deal. I never said it wouldn't make any difference. Curious what you have to say about the fact that over the last two games we've given the bulk of the carries to our second best back while running the ball much less and facing two teams who stacked the box to take away the run. Did THAT make any difference??? Also curious what you think about our 2-0 record since his injury and how that relates to my comment.
This is real easy. You just say "I though the Morris issue wouldn't be a huge issue and I was wrong" You don't have to try and win every internet argument. It is okay to waive the white flag. It is clear that this is a much bigger deal than you thought.

Side note, do you ever chime in on prediction thread or would it be too clear that you were wrong on that?

Double side note, I really appreciate your recruiting info. You are a great poster, you just seem to have trouble admitting you are wrong.

Moose Stuff

This is real easy. You just say "I though the Morris issue wouldn't be a huge issue and I was wrong" You don't have to try and win every internet argument. It is okay to waive the white flag. It is clear that this is a much bigger deal than you thought.

Side note, do you ever chime in on prediction thread or would it be too clear that you were wrong on that?

Double side note, I really appreciate your recruiting info. You are a great poster, you just seem to have trouble admitting you are wrong.

I admit being wrong every time I'm wrong, but I'm not at all wrong in this instance. You can interpret my comment however you want to but it was written under the premise that he would be back in the given time frame, that we had capable backups, and that Kenny and the rest of the skill guys were playing well enough to allow us to win in his absence. Where am I wrong on any of that??? It was never written as a statement that his absence wouldn't effect us at all as you chose to run with. It becomes huge deal when we lose a game he doesn't play in because the OL doesn't play well. You let me know when that happens and I'll tell you I was wrong.

And I'm in pretty much every prediction thread and couldn't care less if I don't even come close. But since you care so much I had us winning in Fayetteville, Stillwater, and Manhattan and picked us to beat WV by 7. That OK for you?

SuperTFrog

I admit being wrong every time I'm wrong, but I'm not at all wrong in this instance. You can interpret my comment however you want to but it was written under the premise that he would be back in the given time frame, that we had capable backups, and that Kenny and the rest of the skill guys were playing well enough to allow us to win in his absence. Where am I wrong on any of that??? It was never written as a statement that his absence wouldn't effect us at all as you chose to run with. It becomes huge deal when we lose a game he doesn't play in because the OL doesn't play well. You let me know when that happens and I'll tell you I was wrong.

And I'm in pretty much every prediction thread and couldn't care less if I don't even come close. But since you care so much I had us winning in Fayetteville, Stillwater, and Manhattan and picked us to beat WV by 7. That OK for you?
Nope

CountryFrog

The strangest thing about our running game this year is that Kenny Hill has been mostly a non factor. There were a few games last year where long runs by Hill were a big chunk of the ground production. It's good that we're not having to depend on those runs this year, it's just odd that his running has almost completely disappeared this season.

Wexahu

The strangest thing about our running game this year is that Kenny Hill has been mostly a non factor. There were a few games last year where long runs by Hill were a big chunk of the ground production. It's good that we're not having to depend on those runs this year, it's just odd that his running has almost completely disappeared this season.

Yep, very few designed QB runs this year. That’s a good thing, running QBs get hurt.

notyalc

Yep, very few designed QB runs this year. That’s a good thing, running QBs get hurt.

Unfortunately KH is going to have to run to get us through tough situations. Teams trying to stuff the run and force Kenny to win from the pocket.

FBallFan123

Unfortunately KH is going to have to run to get us through tough situations. Teams trying to stuff the run and force Kenny to win from the pocket.

Hill's going to have to run at times, and he has, especially on 3rd downs, but he seems to pick his moments pretty well.

I looked it up, and frankly, I'm shocked that Hill only has 102 rushing yards on the season.

If someone had told me that he'd play the first 6 games and only have that many rushing yards I wouldn't have believed it.

Having Sewo in to take direct snaps on many short-yardage plays helps.

I'm also curious to see if Shawn Robinson becomes more of a factor in the run game.

He had a few snaps against K State, and should have some playing time this weekend against Kansas. We'll see how he looks and if they develop some kind of Tebow-like package for him after that. But that could be a way to not only get Robinson some experience for next year, but also save Hill a little bit of punishment this year.