• The KillerFrogs

Running Game Question

FrogLifeYo

We didn't see much of D. Anderson yesterday and Hicks wasn't very effective outside the one 1st half TD drive where he had half of his total rushing yards. Is there some pass blocking, assignment issues, or health reasons that kept Anderson off the field? All three of our backs offer something we can win with but it seemed strange that we didn't give Anderson more than a series yesterday...Could it be a ride the hot hand thing...

BABYFACE

He fumbled and that seemed to earn him the bench. Didn’t matter anyway, Cumbie was hesitant to establish the run yeasterday until late 4th Qtr when running out the clock.

Purp

It was apparent last week against WVU way before the fumble yesterday. I think it's more of a senior RB is healthy again thing. DA and Sewo will get plenty of carries this year, but it seems to me that Hicks will get the majority of carries this season as long as he's healthy. I'm not sure I agree with that decision, but it's not mine to make.

Horny4TCU

They were stacking the box and taking away the run. We really need Patrick Morris to get healthy, so we can get back to how we handled OSU and Arky. Then we really need the WRs to stop dropping the ball, and make Kenny Hill plant his feet and throw deep balls. He needs to make it rain 20+ yard throws like $1 bills at a strip club. We just can't spread the field enough to open up the run game, enough.

They were stacking the box and taking away the run. We really need Patrick Morris to get healthy, so we can get back to how we handled OSU and Arky. Then we really need the WRs to stop dropping the ball, and make Kenny Hill plant his feet and throw deep balls. He needs to make it rain 20+ yard throws like $1 bills at a strip club. We just can't spread the field enough to open up the run game, enough.

Too close to Manziel for Trill let's say rain like Rice at a Chinese wedding in China?

BABYFACE

Schlott might be our best OL, but I like his production better at T or G. The best combo at OL seems to be with Morris at C.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
This is a symptom of losing Morris. Not many centers have the quickness to come off a snap and engage the defender, fewer still have the strength to push that defender off the line. Morris is greatly missed, but thankfully we should have him back for the Texas game.

asleep003

Should have given Anderson another carry to boost his confidence. He had two hands on ball and was almost down prior to fumble.

Yes, when DA was tied up with 2-3 players, he did have both hands on the ball... until he began to go down, then took his R hand off the ball to break his fall and that's when the ball was torn away.

It wasn't going to be a hard fall to the ground and DA didn't really need to break the fall and should have continued holding on to the ball with both hands. This will be a leaning moment for him and hopefully the other RBs and WRs.

MadFrog

I personally like Anderson as the primary RB. To me, he has so much more up side than Hicks. Anderson is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball, Hicks is not. I don't think they should mess with Anderson by totally taking him out of the game for one mistake (which had to be reviewed before it was actually declared a fumble). Anderson is the man.

Limp Lizard

The point is to have a good enough running game to make them stack the box, then a good enough passing game to make them pay. In that respect I think of the Boise State game of 2011. Boise was not going to allow us to run, so Pachall threw for a bazillion yards.