• The KillerFrogs

Rogers back to 4 stars.

Moose Stuff

Everybody with this question needs to go to 247 and read how they calculate their COMPOSITE rankings. He is a 5 star with 247 but he is NOT a 5 star in their composite ranking of all the recruiting services because another site (I haven’t looked to see which one) adjusted him down.

Edit - and he’s not the #36 QB. They have him as the #34 PLAYER in the country and the #2 dual threat QB.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Everybody with this question needs to go to 247 and read how they calculate their COMPOSITE rankings. He is a 5 star with 247 but he is NOT a 5 star in their composite ranking of all the recruiting services because another site (I haven’t looked to see which one) adjusted him down.

Edit - and he’s not the #36 QB. They have him as the #34 PLAYER in the country and the #2 dual threat QB.
He got moved down to a 4 star on the 247 rankings as well now.

netty2424

Scout I believe.

Wexahu

Any drop in rankings can probably be attributed to the fact that he had a very bad knee injury only 3+ months ago, and an injury like that affecting someone's ratings shouldn't really surprise anyone. In fact, it's a very logical reason. Wasn't there some initial concern that he'd never be able to play again?

Austintxfrog94

Any drop in rankings can probably be attributed to the fact that he had a very bad knee injury only 3+ months ago, and an injury like that affecting someone's ratings shouldn't really surprise anyone. In fact, it's a very logical reason. Wasn't there some initial concern that he'd never be able to play again?
You obviously didn't get the memo that We(TCU fans) are required to have little man's syndrome. Everyone is out to keep us down (occasionally false but mostly accurate).

Lone Frog

The “he dropped because he’s committed to TCU” is the biggest beating on earth. Literally almost every kid currently committed to us has seen his ranking go UP since committing to TCU. Most notably Hunt and Wilson just this week.
Don't be fooled. It's just a bait-and-switch.

/sarcasm

MinFrog

Rogers didn't get dropped because he was hurt. He 'dropped' because there were a couple of guys who got re-ranked ahead of them.

Stars are graded on a curve, especially 5 stars. There are only going to be so many of them (~32).

Let's quit whining when there are minor changes and let's just hope we hang on to Hunt now that he has 4 starsies.

Moose Stuff

Rogers didn't get dropped because he was hurt. He 'dropped' because there were a couple of guys who got re-ranked ahead of them.

Stars are graded on a curve, especially 5 stars. There are only going to be so many of them (~32).

Let's quit whining when there are minor changes and let's just hope we hang on to Hunt now that he has 4 starsies.

Let’s also quit worrying about hanging onto Hunt.

Zubaz

The “he dropped because he’s committed to TCU” is the biggest beating on earth. Literally almost every kid currently committed to us has seen his ranking go UP since committing to TCU. Most notably Hunt and Wilson just this week.
We're losing Hunt and Wilson?!?!!

I think the recruiting services are finally figuring out that TCU has the top 30, 40, 50 ranked classes, then finishes ranked in the top 10. Something is very wrong with their rankings so they better make sure TCU recruits are ranked higher so they don't look so stupid. Hope this is the case.

MinFrog

Let’s also quit worrying about hanging onto Hunt.
I was being sarcastic, but that didn’t really come through.

I actually think this class is incredibly solid. Can’t really think of one who is really wavering at all (famous last words). In a way, that lets our coaches focus on flipping other kids, rather than guard our own.

What will be crazy is the last few weeks right before feb signing day. 80% or so of classes will be filled and the kids who don’t sign in December are going obviously up for grabs. Everyone will be focusing on a small handful of kids.

Crootin is fun.