• The KillerFrogs

Revisiting a massive play from 2014

Wexahu

I'll give you speed/athleticism ..but the instincts and smarts of that 14 group crush this current group

Don't get me wrong, the 2014 defense was definitely special, but I think the fact that the Ole Miss game is the last one on everyone's mind kind of makes them seem that much more dominant in everyone's mind. This year's unit is every bit as good statistically up to this point in the season.

TCURiggs

It may seem a bit crazy, but it's hard to ask for a LB that can play much better than Howard has the last two seasons. He's obviously not as big of a bruiser as Dawson, which I think makes a lot of us not give him the credit he deserves, but his instincts are pretty damn great as well. He's been a fantastic LB in this defense/in this conference.

pgdaly84

H
It may seem a bit crazy, but it's hard to ask for a LB that can play much better than Howard has the last two seasons. He's obviously not as big of a bruiser as Dawson, which I think makes a lot of us not give him the credit he deserves, but his instincts are pretty damn great as well. He's been a fantastic LB in this defense/in this conference.
Travin has been very good. Especially for his size. But compare the tackles for loss, sacks, INT’s, etc. It’s not even close. Dawson had 20 tackles for loss in 2014. That’s more than Howard has in his entire career. Not bashing Howard, just pointing out that we don’t have a playmaker like Dawson at LB right now.

TCURiggs

H

Travin has been very good. Especially for his size. But compare the tackles for loss, sacks, INT’s, etc. It’s not even close. Dawson had 20 tackles for loss in 2014. That’s more than Howard has in his entire career. Not bashing Howard, just pointing out that we don’t have a playmaker like Dawson at LB right now.

I hear ya, and I wasn't trying to say he's as good as Dawson. More that he's just way underappreciated by our fan base. He's been an excellent LB.

Moose Stuff

And he’s gonna have a better NFL career than Dawson did. And by that I mean, ANY career.

W

Way of the Frog

Travin has been very consistent over his entire career, but Paul was on a different level when the light came on for him in this defense.

Dawson's production in 2014 of 81 solo tackles, 20 tfl, and 4 int's exceeds any year any linebacker has had for Patterson at TCU.

W

Way of the Frog

I could see him carving out a niche for himself as a special teams/back-up safety type.

Think with the way the NFL has gone to so many specialty packages a player who can fit in more than one spot would have value.

Big key will be if he lands with a club that has some imagination on how they use their players or if it is a plug and play mentality.