• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting update 11-16-2010

Gunner

Thanks, as usual.
I want Dakota Prescott. He was invited to a camp and refused. So, surprised he is warm again. It could be our rise in the national polls and all the pub. Miss State is going nowhere in the SEC.

Prescott is built like a LB and is big,tall and accurate. His clips are impressive. He's very athletic and somewhat like Dalton. He is the prototype of what Winder used to wish for.....

ricksterh

Alexander sounds interesting. A 6'7" guy who runs a 4.7 and is a coaches son. Looks like he might be able to develop into a DT and the Frogs always could use that type of player?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Do you think the staff will offer Tayo Fabuluje a transfer in scholarship? I'm intregued by his size, but seems too tall for DT and too heavy for d-end. He'd be an intimidation at O-Tackle, but I don't know if he has the skill set to play O line.

I think when a player the coaches offer goes elsewhere, if the player is upfront about it they are always told they have a place to come back to at TCU. That assumes they stay in good standing and Tayo definitely in good standing. I am sure once BYU lets out they will talk it over and coaches are very honest about what to expect and what may be the best for the player.

It is still surprising that he would transfer given that he and Apo are so close (think he lived ith Ross' family for an extended period) but since he isn't mormon I am sure he feels a little estranged and a 6-7/317 nigerian definitely sticks out in Provo, and he hasn't been through winter yet either.

Tayo is a very bright kid and sure he has gone through this with Ross and now with the coaches at BYU. Apo is mormon and doubt he will transfer but Tayo would be a tremendous get at whatever position he ends up playing.

Burner1

Tier 1
I'm not questioning you, Feisty, or the coaches, as both are much more expert than me. But ... we're going after a linebacker where we are hip deep with young talent, but not recruiting a cornerback where we are going to be very thin? That doesn't look like recruiting to need. I think we have only four cornerbacks on scholarship for next year, a couple of injuries and we're in trouble.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I'm not questioning you, Feisty, or the coaches, as both are much more expert than me. But ... we're going after a linebacker where we are hip deep with young talent, but not recruiting a cornerback where we are going to be very thin? That doesn't look like recruiting to need. I think we have only four cornerbacks on scholarship for next year, a couple of injuries and we're in trouble.

You can question me....

Next year we will have McCoy, Battle, White and Olabode as well as a few walk-ons who add decent depth, but not championship depth. We need 2 in this class but not sure who unless they feel between Garrett, Griffin & Hackett they have their 2. Hackett is faster than reported and has been a shut down type guy for JT, including being all over Trey Metoyer in clutch spots. Garrett is a corner, a big corner, and will surprise a lot of people once he gets here. Griffin has mentioned being moved to safety but who knows.

Maybe they bring in a JUCO (Kilgore's Junior Osunde???), possibly get Browning to switch from Missery or someone else, I just don't know who it would be right now.

danielboxerdog

You can question me....

Next year we will have McCoy, Battle, White and Olabode as well as a few walk-ons who add decent depth, but not championship depth. We need 2 in this class but not sure who unless they feel between Garrett, Griffin & Hackett they have their 2. Hackett is faster than reported and has been a shut down type guy for JT, including being all over Trey Metoyer in clutch spots. Garrett is a corner, a big corner, and will surprise a lot of people once he gets here. Griffin has mentioned being moved to safety but who knows.

Maybe they bring in a JUCO (Kilgore's Junior Osunde???), possibly get Browning to switch from Missery or someone else, I just don't know who it would be right now.

The Frogs are done at Line Backer. L. Brown is still a possibility for the Defensive backfield. It also would not surprise me if the Frogs DO NOT take a RB this class. They have already selected their targets and those targets would be in this class if they committed but, I don't see any new offers going out to any running backs!.The last few spots (at least 4-5) will be going out to defensive & offensive lineman. Those are the greatest needs at this point and I would not be surprised if this happens.

FROGDADDY

The last few spots (at least 4-5) will be going out to defensive & offensive lineman. Those are the greatest needs at this point and I would not be surprised if this happens.

Certainly seems that DL should be a priority. We've been especially light there in the last two classes including this one.

danielboxerdog

Certainly seems that DL should be a priority. We've been especially light there in the last two classes including this one.

Look for the Frogs to go after a JUCO athlete (or 2) for Defensive line support. They need athletes they can plug right into the system that are more mature (mentally & physically) and can become contributors right away.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Look for the Frogs to go after a JUCO athlete (or 2) for Defensive line support. They need athletes they can plug right into the system that are more mature (mentally & physically) and can become contributors right away.

Not saying you are wrong, but don't see who they are going to get? They looked at Tony Gillespie when he was at Jenks and he is at Coffeyville now, but not sure they have any interest in him. They looked at the Blinn kids and so far have decided not to go that route. I really don't think they will get any DL line support from the JUCO ranks. Not a strong year for lineman in Texas or in the JUCOs.

danielboxerdog

Not saying you are wrong, but don't see who they are going to get? They looked at Tony Gillespie when he was at Jenks and he is at Coffeyville now, but not sure they have any interest in him. They looked at the Blinn kids and so far have decided not to go that route. I really don't think they will get any DL line support from the JUCO ranks. Not a strong year for lineman in Texas or in the JUCOs.

Frogs just offered a JUCO D-Lineman
tongue.gif

TEUFELI

Jared Ebert.

Giggle...

LVfrog

DL is the only position that worries me, especially tackle. A couple of good ones is a must for us IMO. I really want Brown and Townsend in here plus Hodge would be great too.