• The KillerFrogs

Realignment and CDC's Role

Frog-in-law1995

Thats right and remember he navigated us to another conference and that may be why UT wanted him

There has always been talk about UT and the PAC-12

Maniac is right, his paycheck comes from UT and we are off his radar

They don’t need CDC to get into the Pac 12.

82 Frog Fever

Given recent results, if UT moved to a new conference, I can’t imagine why they would want TCU.

If the B12 expanded, I can’t imagine UT would even want TCU in their division.

AustFrog

Chris will and should put UT first in all professional endeavors. But he is a man that values relationships. On Sunday night, after his departure was announced on Saturday afternoon, he was in Austin to join his new colleagues at a restaurant. My wife and I were there. He walked in, recognized us and said hello to us and then apologized for having to leave to join what I assume to be Fenves and others in a private room. But mid-way through his dinner when we were done and about to walk out, he came and sat down with the two of us and chatted for 15 minutes and shared the story. He left the big UT dogs to visit with little ol' us. He certainly did this out of no obligation, but because he valued the relationships. We are loyal Frog Club members and season ticket holders, but don't write big checks. In his move, he made the right decision in his mind for himself and his family. He will put UT first. But he will be helpful to us if he can be helpful to his boss first and then to TCU.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
They don’t need CDC to get into the Pac 12.
No they don’t but being accepted into a conference and navigating a school into that conference are separate issues

He has experience navigating and building off the momentum gained from the move

TCUdirtbag

Was talking with an Aggie today about the eventual Big 12 realignment and I had a thought and wanted to get yall's take on it:

With CDC going to Texas and having his right hand man take over as our AD I believe that that bodes EXTREMELY well for us if the conference realigns during their tenures.

With Baylor imploding and Tech well on the way I could see us being the team paired up with UT (replacing TT) in an eventual realignment.

Thoughts?

My thought is this has been discussed ad naseum.

Your assertion that Tech is imploding is way off base, by the way. And don’t be foolish—CDC is the AD at Texas and will look out only for Texas. Gander over to his twitter feed—he’s pumping the old Texas lines and has become exactly what you’d expect a UT AD to be. That’s what he’s paid to do. TCU has to look out for TCU because nobody else will.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Valid point. There is a distinction to be made between CDC having TCU’s back and CDC actually being able to do anything for us.
Bull [ Finebaum ] to all of this. TCU has been knocking the ball out of the park as far as football top 10 finishes during the last 10 years. TCU will be in the race for the national title from here out. Case closed.

netty2424

Not sure how TCU needs CDC to advocate for us? Feel like TCU has built a national brand, good reputation based on doing things the right way, we have the facilities, and we're competitive in all 3 major sports.

That said, who knows how competitive we'll be in 7 years, GP still here or not(most likely not)? But I'm sure he'll hand this thing off just like Stoops did. No way he walks out and leaves TCU scrambling to find a replacement.

I am not worried about realignment. In fact, I'm confident we'll have favorable options to chose from, CDC or not.

BABYFACE

No one truly knows what 2023 brings. I am in the camp that Big 12 actually adds a couple of teams. ACC is too heavy and there will be a couple that might make a break for a larger payday. This is an advantage the Big 12 has over the ACC.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Not sure how TCU needs CDC to advocate for us? Feel like TCU has built a national brand, good reputation based on doing things the right way, we have the facilities, and we're competitive in all 3 major sports.

That said, who knows how competitive we'll be in 7 years, GP still here or not(most likely not)? But I'm sure he'll hand this thing off just like Stoops did. No way he walks out and leaves TCU scrambling to find a replacement.

I am not worried about realignment. In fact, I'm confident we'll have favorable options to chose from, CDC or not.
I wish we had a defensive heir apparent to take over for Gary one day. Gary is such a defensive genius... it’d be a shame if he didn’t mold a young bright mind to carry on his knowledge one day. Chad Glasgow doesn’t do it for me.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Chad Glasgow doesn’t do it for me.
giphy.gif

That's a bit unfair. While his primary duty is, and should be, to the institution that signs his paychecks, to suggest that he'll have ZERO interest in TCU is needlessly uncharitable. I have no doubt that he'd fight for us over, say, Baylor.
CDC will only look out for our interests if they somehow align with UT’s. Anything else would be professional malpractice on his part. Unfortunate, but true.

Jet Set Frog

Texas hasn't been relevant in College Sports in a while. We would be better off if we focused our energy into furthering the school's perception as the best in Texas than worrying about the burnt orange stain in Austin.

If UT leaves TCU behind during realignment, this may very well be the reason why. TCU has [ hundin] slapped UT (for the most part) since we joined the Big 12, and UT far far more to gain by separating themselves from TCU than keeping us close. UT doesn't care about a healthy conference.....UT cares about UT.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Yes TxFrog, we have better sports teams. Nut they still carry 200x the weight that we do and you're foolish if you think otherwise.
And they only carry that weight because of national perception. No one outside of Texas cares about Texas politics, so the political weight isn’t a major factor in conference realignment other than creating binding relationships between state schools (if you want school x you also have to take school y). TCU needs to continue, and in some ways ramp up, their push towards establishing itself as a nationally recognized brand. By changing national perception of TCU from a little private school to a perennial contender we flip the script.