• The KillerFrogs

Rating the Athletic Directors

DelFrog

Chris Del Conte in Top 5 in both polls..

Chris Del Conte, TCU (7): “TCU would’ve been an incredible return on investment at the beginning of Del Conte’s reign, from facilities, to coaches, to success in many sports, to overall university appeal and trajectory.”
De Conte was actually tied for #5 in the media poll.

Chris Del Conte (8): “He’s got the gift of gab and he really understands the big picture.”
He was #2 in the AD's poll.

https://www.si.com/college-football...director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

Last edited:

Nick Danger

This story highlights why I'm not particularly worried about the future of the Big 12. If it holds together and lives through the "Great Reshuffling" circa. 2024, great! If not, and the scavengers pick the Big 12 corpse apart, I'm increasingly confident that Del Conte will be our ace-in-the-hole in finding a comfortable landing zone in one of the remaining Power Conferences. So far, he has pulled all the right strings in positioning TCU as a desirable addition, from an athletics prospective, to the PAC-12, ACC . . . . well, any of em'!

His substantial ties to other PAC-12 schools should stand us in good stead when it comes time to make our case to the other conferences looking to expand. But it's not just the big things that he's done that will make the Frogs a more desirable addition; it's the little things like his enhanced reputation among the other AD's and even adding Beach volleyball to the women's program (which is popular in the PAC-12) that will matter. Even if he didn't consciously consider that when he decided to add programs, it will still help.

He's also continually upgraded all the facilities, especially for football, basketball, and baseball. As far as football goes, the fear in the past was that TCU's stadium would be considered "too small" for a big-time conference but if there's any increase in seating capacity to AGC with the upcoming East side expansion, that would place "The Carter" safely in the middle of the other PAC-12 stadiums, in terms of size.

If the football program can recoup even some of its' luster and the basketball program continues on its newly upward trajectory over the next couple of years, we should be "in like Flynn" . . . . should it come to that! :cool:

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

But...but according to the logic on this board, he can't be all that good because he is at TCU. Poor old little TCU. Boo hoo.

We're screwed.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The man is a money machine, and has guided a fabulous transformation through his tenure. We are damned lucky to have him here.

I, too, have often thought that the dissolution of the BIGXII would involve us settling in familiar territory to CDC. The PAC needs some Central Time Zone schools to pull in viewers who otherwise wouldn't know that football is played west of Fort Worth. We are, after all, "Where the West begins."