• The KillerFrogs

Question about TCU NFL prospects

robbroyy

For anyone that knows and gunner you probably have the best info, but aside from hughes washington and newhouse, who of the draft eligible frogs have drawn interest from the cowboys or any other pro team?

Trelvis

This was posted in this thread http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index....howtopic=113463

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04/04/20...for-dallas.html

Area talent to work out for Dallas Cowboys

By CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Texas A&M defensive back Jordan Pugh grew up in Plano rooting on the Cowboys. He will visit Valley Ranch today as part of the team's annual Dallas Day.

"It's exciting to go work out over there," Pugh said in a telephone interview. "Being a hometown kid, and having an opportunity to work out in front of the Cowboys' coaches, is great. It would be even better if I got drafted by that team. To play for the team you grew up rooting for would be the best."

After playing host to national prospects, including Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant, Idaho guard Mike Iupati and LSU receiver Brandon LaFell, the Cowboys today are hosts to prospects who played high school or college football in the area.

Oklahoma receiver Adron Tennell, Kansas receiver Dezmon Briscoe, SMU receiver Emmanuel Sanders and running back Shawnbrey McNeal and [SIZE=18pt]TCU offensive tackle Nic Richmond, cornerback Rafael Priest and deep snapper Clint Gresham are among the players invited by the Cowboys.[/SIZE]

Sanders said he will visit six other teams before the draft. He is an intriguing receiver prospect, having caught 98 passes for 1,339 yards and seven touchdowns last season and finishing his career as SMU's all-time leader in receptions, yards and touchdown catches.

He ran a 4.40 in the 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine, and had a solid workout at SMU's Pro Day last week.

"I was real pleased; I did real solid," Sanders said in a phone interview. "I think I have showed consistency from the Shrine game to the Combine and now to my Pro Day.... Now, it's just a waiting game to find out where I'm going to go."

Several local prospects have earned their way onto the Cowboys' roster after visiting Valley Ranch for Dallas Day, including Patrick Crayton, Stephen Hodge, Brandon Williams and Jacques Reeves.

Staff writer Clarence E. Hill Jr. contributed to this report.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(robbroyy @ Apr 5 2010, 11:00 PM) [snapback]541080[/snapback]
For anyone that knows and gunner you probably have the best info, but aside from hughes washington and newhouse, who of the draft eligible frogs have drawn interest from the cowboys or any other pro team?

Amazing what you'll find in the pinned news links ...