• The KillerFrogs

Punting on 4th down

Spike

But not a fly sweep on 3rd and 2 with the backup quarterback in that you don't allow to throw the ball. Turpin had no chance to convert on that play.

True. Too much cuteness when the basics seem to working. I think sometimes OCs try to do too much. A 3 yard run would have sufficed. Don't need 50 yards every play.

Ray Finkle

Down 17 on the road and haven't stopped their offense all night

Signalled to our defense that we gave up
I was at the game in a sea of Sooners.

"No way you are punting!"

"You don't know Patterson, he's very conservative."

"There's no way you can win this game now!"

"I agree."

What's an extra 15 yards to an offense that already put up over 400?!?

monkeyfishfrog

All I can think is that Patterson thought the game was over. Let's not show too much of our hand and get back to the drawing board because we are going to play again in a couple weeks most likely.

Typically we will see a couple of trick plays in big games like this from him but I think we weren't in a position to do anything but get ready for next time.

Chongo94

I haven't paid attention to Patterson's post game comments in years. I basically treat them like his injury statements....nebulous mixed with a kernel of truth, misinformation, and disdain all thrown together.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
All I can think is that Patterson thought the game was over. Let's not show too much of our hand and get back to the drawing board because we are going to play again in a couple weeks most likely.

Typically we will see a couple of trick plays in big games like this from him but I think we weren't in a position to do anything but get ready for next time.
This appears to be a rational post.

Get out.