• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: The Chronicles of Jaylen Fisher

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: The Chronicles of Jaylen Fisher

By John Henry
PressBoxDFW.com

The chronicles of Jaylen Fisher at TCU came to an abrupt end on Thursday morning with the school’s announcement that the injury-plagued junior guard was leaving the program.

Fisher’s absence from Tuesday’s home game against West Virginia was a source of curiosity.

News of his departure was cause for mourning.

Fisher, the highest-rated basketball recruit to ever sign at TCU when he declared for the Horned Frogs in 2016, never reached his potential, robbed of his promise by a string of injuries that slowed his development and limited him to only nine games this season.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/the-chronicles-of-jaylen-fisher/

FrogAbroad

Jaylen's story is disheartening and to us on the outside quite puzzling. Most of us have questions that are none of our business, I suppose, but since Jaylen brought palpable excitement to a program that had long languished we naturally wonder "What happened?"

Perhaps a fresh start in new surroundings is exactly what's needed to return JF to a successful college career, in the gym and in the classroom.

In any event I join others is wishing him success and fulfillment in all facets of his life.

Dogfrog

I’m a little puzzled why people assume there is some untold story here. Until I hear otherwise I will assume recurring knee problems and multiple surgeries have reduced his ability to practice and to play in games. Adding academic responsibilities to the mix I would guess this is a very difficult transition for a very talented player to deal with. A year off along with a fresh start somewhere may seem like a good plan.

mc1502

Hate everything about this.... Unfortunately, more often than not life doesn't play fair, and that sucks. Wish him the best that life has to offer.

Frogo

That would require to Dixon to release that info.

Don't blame Dixon for not releasing information. As interested as we may be, perhaps pruriently, it's not his information to release. And it's not really our right to know if it's personal to JF.

BABYFACE

Don't blame Dixon for not releasing information. As interested as we may be, perhaps pruriently, it's not his information to release. And it's not really our right to know if it's personal to JF.
I get that. It was just my response in a post because a poster wanted more info from the article which require CJD to provide that. It may eventually come out or we will never here of it again.

denverfrog

E
Exactly, based on what we don't know, we can reasonably assume this is not related to the team or his medical situation, which leaves a personal situation. None of our business. I wish this guy all the luck in the world, seemed like a great frog and I appreciate him. Hope whatever he pursues in life, he always knows he is part of the frog family.

Purp

I had to double-check my understanding of prurient after reading this. Glad I did b/c it was slightly different than what I thought, but still seems strange to use here. Pretty sure I've never had a prurient curiosity about Fish or any of our male athletes. Seems like some here recently have about Aundre Dean, though.

Frogo

I had to double-check my understanding of prurient after reading this. Glad I did b/c it was slightly different than what I thought, but still seems strange to use here. Pretty sure I've never had a prurient curiosity about Fish or any of our male athletes. Seems like some here recently have about Aundre Dean, though.

Probably projection on my part. :)