• The KillerFrogs

Prediction Thread: Frogs v Pokes

f_399

When was the last time we were this big an underdog?

vs OU at home in 2014?

Edit, that was #4 OU at #25 TCU, we jumped into #9 after that win and then promptly lost to #5 Baylor the week after.

The folks at Okie Lite seem supremely confident going into Saturday's contest.
The general consensus seems to suggest that the Frogs are destine to offer only
token resistance. A perfectly scripted scenario for a bushwhack.

NYC Poke

Saturday schedule just cleared up, I may just go to this, never been to OSU.

It's a fun atmosphere. The fans are friendly, you'll be treated well. The tailgating scene is a lot of fun. The stadium is very nice and the campus is pretty. You can't bring booze in the stadium, but you have in-out privileges so you can replenish at halftime.

Check out Orange Power for their tailgating spot. Tell them I sent you (won't be able to make this one, ironically I need to be in FW).

It's a college town, not a tourist destination. But it's fun in the way college towns are, especially on gamedays.

Bob Sugar

Check out Orange Power for their tailgating spot. Tell them I sent you (won't be able to make this one, ironically I need to be in FW).

giphy.gif

To make a prediction on this game, TCU has got to take the crowd out of it immediately and hold on to that for 4 qtrs.

Gary can be a vicious COBRA and I look for that to happen.

Then you have a by-week and history says TCU comes back from a by-week flatter than a pancake.

Purple shades back on....TCU by ten
When was our bye-week?

FROG PARENTS 1961

I have never and will never go into a Frog's game predicting a win - and I ain't starting now.

Frogs 18
Pokes 52

In other predictions:

ODOT has road construction projects up on the northbound side of I-35 in Pauls Valley and Purcell causing 45m and 55m delays respectively on Friday night and Saturday AM. ODOT switches to the southbound side of I-35 beginning at 5pm on Saturday and continues through Sunday.

The fried pie company at Exit 51 runs out of pies this weekend. The Burger King at Exit 70 sets a weekend sales record.

Ardmore police target all vehicles displaying TCU material. Norman PD does the same.

Earthquake midway through the 3Q with an epicenter near Cushing causes game delay and ruins Stillwater chance to host Gameday later this season. Further, some knucklehead on McKinney Mom's Facebook page says to gas up because she "heard" that North Texas receives all of its gasoline from Cushing and causes another run on gas throughout North Texas.

Note: I think I have predicted a Frogs win once or twice before but it doesn't happen often. When we win you can thank me.
load of crap

LisaLT

If they get the ball first, expect to see a long ball pass and a quick score attempt. Fairly predictable. They will try and jump to an early lead and keep it. We must be able to match them score for score or it will get ugly I suspect. We've got to be able to score on our possessions! No turnovers! Maybe even create a few turnovers in our favor. KH and Co will need to be playing at a high level to beat this team.

I think our second half will be better than our first. I'm not sure we will walk away with the win from this one, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

TCUdirtbag

It's a fun atmosphere. The fans are friendly, you'll be treated well. The tailgating scene is a lot of fun. The stadium is very nice and the campus is pretty. You can't bring booze in the stadium, but you have in-out privileges so you can replenish at halftime.

It's a college town, not a tourist destination. But it's fun in the way college towns are, especially on gamedays.

Can’t speak to the particular tailgate wouldn’t echo all the rest of the above. Other than the games themselves, I’ve definitely enjoyed my two trips to Stillwater.

NYC Poke

Does TCU setup a tailgate in the area?

How is parking?

Feel free to share anything you care to from the PM. Basically, it kinda sucks, but you will find a place. Student in apartments and rent houses around campus rent out parking spots, driveways, and yards, typically for $20. There will be some walking involved, but about the same as my walk to classes when I was a student.