• The KillerFrogs

Practice updates......

SnoSki

Why is someone passing up someone else automatically bad news??? Always baffles me that people interpret it that way. Maybe Bethley is really good?

Agreed. Devonte Fields didn't start as a freshman because the DE ahead of him stunk. It was because DF (as a freshman) was a really good player.

Maybe the same with Bethley.

Just hoping Patterson is throwing everyone off. Just saying some things we should know that is unavoidable to notice and some things he says as nonsense to keep everyone talking about crazy. You know Big 12 (esp. UT)/Arkansas has scouts out there trying to find anything to give their teams advantage over TCU. Briles and staff was notorious for the tactic. Why cameras are no-nos and some practices are closed. Then when TCU plays Arkansas that is the start of the season for real TCU football.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Just hoping Patterson is throwing everyone off. Just saying some things we should know that is unavoidable to notice and some things he says as nonsense to keep everyone talking about crazy. You know Big 12 (esp. UT)/Arkansas has scouts out there trying to find anything to give their teams advantage over TCU. Briles and staff was notorious for the tactic. Why cameras are no-nos and some practices are closed. Then when TCU plays Arkansas that is the start of the season for real TCU football.

Most of what GP has been saying is overly positive. So I'm gonna stick with hoping he's telling the truth.

Most of what GP has been saying is overly positive. So I'm gonna stick with hoping he's telling the truth.

Sure. Not talking about positive or negative information. I'm talking about keeping strategy and some TCU personnel packages for this season under wraps. Keep the competition and even fans in the dark till the competiton meets TCU.

CountryFrog

Any updates from the scrimmage today?
We've gotta grow some guys up. If anyone thinks that effort today is gonna get us where we wanna be then we're not winning very many ballgames this year. Jackson St will come in here and embarrass us if we don't get a lot better. My job is to figure out how we can score one more point but we've gotta have some guys who take ownership and do things the way we need to do them. We're not very good right now.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
We've gotta grow some guys up. If anyone thinks that effort today is gonna get us where we wanna be then we're not winning very many ballgames this year. Jackson St will come in here and embarrass us if we don't get a lot better. My job is to figure out how we can score one more point but we've gotta have some guys who take ownership and do things the way we need to do them. We're not very good right now.
He said that last year and we sucked.

Double V

Why is someone passing up someone else automatically bad news??? Always baffles me that people interpret it that way. Maybe Bethley is really good?
Not saying it's impossible or its bad news. I said I didn't like it. In a perfect world they would all be studs and the older guys would get the PT. I just prefer a perfect world. Also, just playing the odds. The Devonte Fields' and Miles Garrett's of the world are rare. It's much more likely that if a Freshman is looking at significant PT over many upper classmen that it's because of an underachieving older player (s).