• The KillerFrogs

POLL: What Capacity Should TCU Outdoor Sporting Events Currently Be At?

What Capacity Should TCU Outdoor Sporting Events Currently Be At?

• 100%

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • 25%

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • 0% (It is not safe for fans to attend games)

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters

tcumaniac

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam in other threads, but I just received a "check in" call from someone with TCU Athletics and during our conversations I asked once again why TCU Baseball is at 25% capacity while the Rangers down the road are starting the season at 50% capacity and this time the answer I received was "Honestly, TCU just decided it was better to be extra cautious," which somewhat contradicts Jeremiah Donati's claim that even though he's anxious to allow larger crowds, we are being forced to do 25% to maintain "social distancing" requirements.

Anyway, it just made me curious where people within our fanbase currently stand by taking part in an anonymous poll.

Do you think it's well past time to open things up and let people make their own decisions?

Is some kind of capacity limit still needed, but more than 25%?

Curious to see where everyone currently is.

flyfishingfrog

I would prefer if I was the only one allowed in - not because I don't feel safe but because I really don't like most of you and just want the entire event to be played for my enjoyment....

Maybe even get to pick the line ups on both sides...

One change is for baseball - I would like Moose to attend and bring his radar gun - I would like to know how juiced our gun is that shows up on the board.

tcumaniac

Let it go man. TCU is just doing what almost everyone else is doing. Whether you agree with it or not we're basically just following the industry standard at this point.
I recognize that, but I was mostly just curious where the rest of the fan base stood.

Am I an outlier thinking it's time to open things back up? Or do most people agree that 25% capacity like we're doing for baseball is excessive.

That's all I really wanted to know.

flyfishingfrog

TCU athletics made a mental health house call to you and you’re still responding this way?

this sounds like it’s the worst thing thats ever happened to you, if so consider yourself blessed this is the biggest life issue on your plate
give me a break - they called because they 1) are concerned people won't be renewing again this year and 2) are about to have to make a second call asking for money.

You really think anyone in our Athletic Department gives a crap about Maniac's mental health or even opinion on things within our athletics program beyond the affect it will have on his willingness to give them more money?

tcumaniac

TCU athletics made a mental health house call to you and you’re still responding this way?

this sounds like it’s the worst thing thats ever happened to you, if so consider yourself blessed this is the biggest life issue on your plate
Yeah, you definitely misinterpreted what I meant by "check in" call.

The guy very disingenuously pretended to care how I've been doing before letting me know football renewals are around the corner and that he hopes I renew my tickets.

ticketfrog123

Yeah, you definitely misinterpreted what I meant by "check in" call.

The guy very disingenuously pretended to care how I've been doing before letting me know football renewals are around the corner and that he hopes I renew my tickets.

oh my mistake, you seem to be correct that everyone else is the problem.

is Mr. TCU that never missed a football game threatening to not renew his tickets +4?

AroundWorldFrog

I would prefer if I was the only one allowed in - not because I don't feel safe but because I really don't like most of you and just want the entire event to be played for my enjoyment....

Maybe even get to pick the line ups on both sides...

One change is for baseball - I would like Moose to attend and bring his radar gun - I would like to know how juiced our gun is that shows up on the board.
Just buy all of the tickets up.

Edit. Just buy TCU.

Big Frog II

I think they should have plastic tied the seats that you can't sit in, and let those that can be used to be first come first served this year. That way, the seats are used each game and are not sitting empty making the 25% capacity even worse. If all the untied seats are taken, go sit in the outfield or down the first base line.