• The KillerFrogs

Play of the Young Defensive Tackles

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
How in the darn did Big Ross redshirt last year???

We've IMO wasted a ton of guys freshman years by playing them when they should have been redshirted...but last year we couldn't stop anyone and we got this monster and he doesn't play??

He's only gonna be here a couple more years max....
Maybe he decided that he has to put out the effort in order to play. Being big and highly touted is great but you have to live up to that expectation through your effort on and off the field.

Not saying he was a problem or a diva but I heard that the redshirt year was what he needed and he learned that things aren't just handed to you during that time

I agree that TCU is better this year in terms of talent but but there is something intangible, something immeasurable that is superior as well.,

I think it is the freshman displaying senior leadership! We do also have a lot more seniors on the team too. When watching I see each player doing their job and trusting the other players to do their job. Classic play as team not individuals. If they take each game one at a time they can win them all. The media or pressure doesn't seem to effect our Frogs! I hope as we get to 10, 11, and 12 and 0 we stay humble and focused.

MAcFroggy

I think it is the freshman displaying senior leadership! We do also have a lot more seniors on the team too. When watching I see each player doing their job and trusting the other players to do their job. Classic play as team not individuals. If they take each game one at a time they can win them all. The media or pressure doesn't seem to effect our Frogs! I hope as we get to 10, 11, and 12 and 0 we stay humble and focused.

Agree. I think the senior leadership is very apparent on the offense. Kyle Kicks, John Diarse, Kenny Hill, and multiple lineman that have been multi-year starters. Defensively we have some great seniors as well. Texada, Orr, Howard, and even Bradley. I think we have a great mix of upper class men leaders with good up and coming talent.

Wexahu

I have two words for you: Chris Thomsen.

Not saying he hasn't done a good job, but he inherited a veteran line with 4 returning starters that personally I thought played decent last year and kind of got thrown under the bus a bit in terms of being blamed for our poor offense. Next year he'll be putting something together with a few more unknown parts, it'll be easier to assess his real impact then IMO.

HG73

Not saying he hasn't done a good job, but he inherited a veteran line with 4 returning starters that personally I thought played decent last year and kind of got thrown under the bus a bit in terms of being blamed for our poor offense. Next year he'll be putting something together with a few more unknown parts, it'll be easier to assess his real impact then IMO.
I have two words for you: Shut up.

Borat Sagdiyev

How in the darn did Big Ross redshirt last year???

We've IMO wasted a ton of guys freshman years by playing them when they should have been redshirted...but last year we couldn't stop anyone and we got this monster and he doesn't play??

He's only gonna be here a couple more years max....
There was talk among the staff last year of moving Ross to guard because he just didn't have the motor to play DL here. That is why he redshirted. Glad to see the light came on for him.

Frogo

Agree. I think the senior leadership is very apparent on the offense. Kyle Kicks, John Diarse, Kenny Hill, and multiple lineman that have been multi-year starters. Defensively we have some great seniors as well. Texada, Orr, Howard, and even Bradley. I think we have a great mix of upper class men leaders with good up and coming talent.

Listening to KTCU replay the 2nd half of Estridge/Denton Alamo Bowl broadcast during the lightning delays, I was struck by all the names I heard in the game that are still around...Evans, James, Nixon, and others. We were playing people in unfamiliar positions and lots of young players because the team was so decimated by injuries. The payoff is now. (And I was impressed even more by our win in that game!)