• The KillerFrogs

Play of the Young Defensive Tackles

W

Way of the Frog

I think with one more year we will see Banogu take that leap and become a dominant pass rusher. He flashes that talent at time and just needs to become more consistent. This is also why I think the pledge from Allen is such a big pick up.

MinFrog

We are missing two dominant D-ends like Hughes and others! Pressure with four rushers would take our defense to super elite level. Love our dtackles but dends could be better at pass rush and containing the qbs!!!

What an idiot. Our d ends are doing a hell of a job.

So much so that summers, who gp thought was a true d end got beat out. Even Collier is doing a great job when he gets in.

Boesen and Ben b are more than holding their own.

MinFrog

And we have guys like cooper, Ellis, and Collins that are redshirting. And they aren’t these 6’3” 220 lb projects like tipa was. They are biguns who will fit nicely.

Not to mention Allen who is 3 for 3 and Bowen for next year. Both guys are 6’5”+ and athletic freaks.

Horny4TCU

Defense played outstanding yesterday. Keeping them from scoring a touchdown, was no easy feet. Our Dline is in beast mode. The secondary got burnt a couple times, but otherwise made the stops we needed.

Loved the old Gary and his blitzes!

What an idiot. Our d ends are doing a hell of a job.

So much so that summers, who gp thought was a true d end got beat out. Even Collier is doing a great job when he gets in.

Boesen and Ben b are more than holding their own.

Go watch Jerry Hughes and our other great dends then call me an idiot!

talor

If Avery loves U of I, hey, I got no issues with that, kids should go where they want to go. But the odds of his coaches being there for 80% of his college career are slim and none. Lovie is a good dude but he’s not a college coach, he’ll be back in the NFL by 2019.
If Avery signs with The Illini mark my words: he will transfer somewhere else after his freshman year.

W

Way of the Frog

And we have guys like cooper, Ellis, and Collins that are redshirting. And they aren’t these 6’3” 220 lb projects like tipa was. They are biguns who will fit nicely.

Not to mention Allen who is 3 for 3 and Bowen for next year. Both guys are 6’5”+ and athletic freaks.

Great point. If I recall correctly Collins either just turned 18 before he graduated or during the summer and Cooper is a raw, big athlete with a long frame (reminds me a bit of Collier when Collier was coming out of Munday).

Mix in George Ellis, Bowen, Overshown, and whomever the Frogs sign and you have a group with the potential to be athletic, have effective depth, and versatility.

W

Way of the Frog

If Avery signs with The Illini mark my words: he will transfer somewhere else after his freshman year.

One winter in Central Illinois will break most people's spirits. Being raised there helped prepare my Father for being a lifetime Cubs' fan.

Moose Stuff

If your expectation is that we have a Jerry Hughes every season, the yeah, ‘idiot’ is the right term.

You must have been pissed for decades now because we haven’t had another LT in the backfield as well.

I bet that's the reason Anderson got benched yesterday.

Mel Kiper has Banogu as a potential first round pick next year and Boesen is one of the top DEs in the conference statistically. Your post is absurd to the point that you should be embarrassed to have written it.

Did you watch Shoebels, Daniels, Townsend, makings, Blake, Ortiz, Simien, Collins,and Piland, panfil? He is off to a great start I hope he is one of our all time greats. He is not there yet. Most of these sacks are coverage sacks not fast rush sacks. Try expressing your opinion without the name calling it is my opinion and you have yours. I like to agree to disagree.

Purp

Did you watch Shoebels, Daniels, Townsend, makings, Blake, Ortiz, Simien, Collins,and Piland, panfil? He is off to a great start I hope he is one of our all time greats. He is not there yet. Most of these sacks are coverage sacks not fast rush sacks. Try expressing your opinion without the name calling it is my opinion and you have yours. I like to agree to disagree.

"Go watch Jerry Hughes and our other great dends then call me an idiot!"

You asked us to call you an idiot. Jerry was/is great, but you're missing a good season for Banogu. He's been fantastic and it's been with speed, power, quickness, technique... the same way Jerry was. They aren't coverage sacks he's getting. However you want to get to the QB Banogu has done it this year. He's all over the opposing back field damn near eavery play. You're an idiot.

Can we say he's as good as Jerry yet? No, b/c he hasn't done it for as long as Jerry. But he's damned good and demonstrating he has all the same tools against better offenses than Jerry faced.

Purp

If Bowen comes back 100% next year I think he's an upgraade over Boesen who has been fantastic. Then with the depth you just mentioned behind those guys... We could have an excellent DL that plays together for another couple years at least. And with the quality of athletes GP is getting at the CB and safety positions this defense could actually get better each of the next years also.

W

Way of the Frog

You referring to Greg Townsend?

Moose Stuff

I didn't call you any names. I think your opinion is flaming pile of crap though. Also, its "Schobel". You should spend some time learning the correct names of our greatest players.