• The KillerFrogs

Play by play announcing crew.....

LisaLT

Let me remind u Galloway picked BAYLOR to win the Big 12 this year. He clearly must know very little about our conference to have made that prediction.

The three stooges were definitely pro-Stanford. Who cares though. We won and they look silly.

Wexahu

I don’t mind Rece Davis. From personal experience many years ago, he is a classy guy. However, if Mike Tirico was on fire, I wouldn’t piss on him to try and put it out.

I assume that's because of some personal experience you've had with Tirico? His announcing style doesn't seem like the type that generate strong feelings either positive or negative, he's pretty generic.

SwissArmyFrog

Could not have said it better.

Some of you have tissue paper thin skin. I didn’t think the crew was great but to act like they were so blatantly against TCU is just wrong. They pointed out the obvious early on (getting our butts handed to us) and acknowledged we were dominating later in the game.

FrogLifeYo

I can get over a crews inherit bias but what was intolerable about last nights crew was their incompetence. It was obvious they had done very little research or watching of past TCU or Stanford games. There commentary was 2nd grade level [ Finebaum ] they had compiled from old ESPN highlights. I guess when you spend most your time and energy with your head up the ass of SEC and Big 10, there's no time to really do your homework.

I heard a lot of pro Stanford especially Love who was a badass. They made good points about Stanford’s Tight Ends and full backs which TCU doesn’t really have or use. TCU speed versus Stanford Power classic match up. They commented on Stanford Dline getting worn out no depth. I loved the part about TCU doing to Stanford what they normally do. They said man on man TCU online was dominating Stanford no double teams gimmicks etc. I have heard worse announcing and to be honest I was shocked our highly rated defense got gashed again. We normally stuff the run, but Stanford wore us out and the tall receivers my fear hurt us. Offense and special teams won this game defense sucked!

I thought they were a little harsh on us early, but we deserved most of it. IMO, they weren't as eager to praise us for playing some really good football in a great comeback as they were to trash us when it looked like we were going to get blown out. Maybe that's what sells these days.

In the end, they are the ones who look like fools. They tore us down, and then we won.

Some may laugh, but this is why I like Mack Brown. He rarely tears anybody down during a broadcast. He praises the team that's playing well, and points out what the team that's losing should be doing to turn things around. He keeps a positive spin on nearly everything.

I'm not really one of those nostalgic guys who thinks things were better in the past, but I don't ever remember guys like Keith Jackson, Verne Lundquist, Dick Enberg or Vin Scully ever getting in the weeds like most of the guys do today. As for the guys last night, I don't think the Fox crew with Gus Johnson et. al. would have been nearly as negative, so read into that whatever you will.

Frog DJ

The ESPN crew couldn't have been any worse than the PA announcer in the Alamo Dome!

He repeatedly mispronounced Mat "Boesen" and Ross "Blacklock" - among a few others.

It sounded as if he didn't do any prep work at all, and it became comical after a while.

It was just downright embarrassing.

Go Frogs!

Purp

I can get over a crews inherit bias but what was intolerable about last nights crew was their incompetence. It was obvious they had done very little research or watching of past TCU or Stanford games. There commentary was 2nd grade level [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] they had compiled from old ESPN highlights. I guess when you spend most your time and energy with your head up the ass of SEC and Big 10, there's no time to really do your homework.
I don't think I can disagree with this more.

They knew a lot about us and our tendencies. Before KH ever threw a pass they accurately remarked about his up and down season and proclivity to throw weak, inaccurate balls off his back foot. They knew a lot about Reagor breaking out this year and Sewo's underwhelming season. They pointed out the improvement of both lines over last year. It was as if they read every game thread here since the opener.

Likewise, they knew about Stanford's rare use of RBs in the passing game and identified that as an opportunity against our defense trying to shut down their prolific running and TE passing attacks.

They clearly studied up.

OmniscienceFrog

Some may laugh, but this is why I like Mack Brown. He rarely tears anybody down during a broadcast. He praises the team that's playing well, and points out what the team that's losing should be doing to turn things around. He keeps a positive spin on nearly everything.

Yeah, I remember Mack saying just before the 2nd half kickoff of the Alamo Bowl game against Oregon that the game wasn't over yet, and he was proven right.

French Frog

Yeah, I remember Mack saying just before the 2nd half kickoff of the Alamo Bowl game against Oregon that the game wasn't over yet, and he was proven right.
Mack said the same thing at half-time in the 31-0 Duck lead. Mack said if TCU got a spark they can come back. Mack knows how good our team can be!!!

TCURiggs

I only made it through the first half and our first possession of the second half on my re-watch before switching to the Cotton Bowl, but I think our fan's frustration with our offense must've been contributing to their negative thoughts of the broadcast crew last night. It probably helps that I know that we won, but they seem to be calling a spade a spade and I can only imagine the rest of the broadcast will turn more in our favor.

Purp

I only made it through the first half and our first possession of the second half on my re-watch before switching to the Cotton Bowl, but I think our fan's frustration with our offense must've been contributing to their negative thoughts of the broadcast crew last night. It probably helps that I know that we won, but they seem to be calling a spade a spade and I can only imagine the rest of the broadcast will turn more in our favor.
Yep. When Stanford was beating us up they said Stanford was better. When we got our arse off our shoulders and took over they said we were better. I didn't detect any bias. Just calling it like it was.

PurpleBloodSpitter

I thought they were a little harsh on us early, but we deserved most of it. IMO, they weren't as eager to praise us for playing some really good football in a great comeback as they were to trash us when it looked like we were going to get blown out. Maybe that's what sells these days.

In the end, they are the ones who look like fools. They tore us down, and then we won.

I'm not really one of those nostalgic guys who thinks things were better in the past, but I don't ever remember guys like Keith Jackson, Verne Lundquist, Dick Enberg or Vin Scully ever getting in the weeds like most of the guys do today. As for the guys last night, I don't think the Fox crew with Gus Johnson et. al. would have been nearly as negative, so read into that whatever you will.

Agree 100% on Mack Brown. Class act and enjoy watching games he’s on. Has the nicest way of saying that Gary needs to tell Kenny to throw it to our team in the second half. Was wondering if he coached that way.

He would be a great AD.

The crew was biased. After we whooped their @$$ in the second half and both of Stanford’s lines melted down, they had no choice. Do I think they were hating on TCU? No... but on controversial calls the lean seeped out.

Agree too they did study up well. Sure beat having to listen to Lou Holtz (aka porky pig, dorf on football). Yes; I don’t like him; he’s a hater.