• The KillerFrogs

Out of The Box Thinking Big 12 Expansion Idea: Liberty University

dawg

77c.jpg

Bruce Berry

They should be considered. Think of this like Moneyball. Liberty could be one of those misfit toys that works for us but wouldn't in another conference. All the C-USA story tells me is that Liberty is highly motivated to join a conference which is a good thing for us and would give the conference more bargaining power.

Stop. Please.

Spike

Can we let all discussion of BYU die please. They have screwed up 2 conferences already, and we already have several homecoming opponent type programs in the conference already.

HToady

I heard that Liberty University has a camera set up at every seat in their stadium so that their students can watch the games on their computers.....you know, to get that college experience...

Pharm Frog

Seriously though, while I don't in any way think that Liberty is a viable replacement (or addition) regardless of religious affiliation, I do like it when something gets proposed that would be disruptive to the status quo. I also don't think that an addition or two would do much of anything to be disruptive. It would be the very definition of orthodoxy. And I think that CDC made it pretty clear that the B12 is not in expansion mode. Now admittedly that was last week and things change and sometimes truth must be obscured by a phalanx of lies but I applaud the OP for tossing something into the discussion.

Deep Purple

They should be considered. Think of this like Moneyball. Liberty could be one of those misfit toys that works for us but wouldn't in another conference. All the C-USA story tells me is that Liberty is highly motivated to join a conference which is a good thing for us and would give the conference more bargaining power.
tumblr_oocvanoKYK1w4o831o1_540.gif

ThisIsOurTime

Can we let all discussion of BYU die please. They have screwed up 2 conferences already, and we already have several homecoming opponent type programs in the conference already.

If you can find two legitimate replacements, the conversations about BYU can stop. But that is easier said than done. We are also in a conference with UT that has the same reputation. The issue keeps coming up because what we want most is to make sure when the music stops TCU will have a nice landing spot and that probably requires the Big12 to get to 12 maybe even 14 teams.

Last edited: