• The KillerFrogs

OU's Boren might be stepping down

NYC Horned Frog

I saw Jake Trotter tweet about an important announcement by Boren today and now the rumor old Foot in Mouth is stepping down. If true, that's a lot of quick change at OU. Something is rumbling under the surface. Mixon outrage? Who knows. Hopefully, this is good for the conference and the successor is more unified. Probably not. Maybe it's Stoops.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
"Speculation is that University of Oklahoma President David L. Boren will announce his retirement on Tuesday, effective at the end of the current academic year.

With Boren turning 77 next spring, his possible retirement from OU may well bring to a close the public career of one of the most influential personalities in Oklahoma history.

Boren is scheduled to make an "important announcement about the university's future" today at 2 p.m. at the Reynolds Performing Arts Center in Holmberg Hall on the Norman campus.

Why do it now and not wait until the spring semester even? Boren’s health has been a popular topic since he underwent heart bypass surgery last March. Is that the issue?

Not necessarily.

“It gives us lots of time to celebrate him,” one OU source said of the timing."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/educ...cle_9f65c966-994b-5446-8f27-8082d518aeda.html

tcudoc

He's nearly 77 now. Actuarial statistics say he'll be dead at age 84. So yeah, your bet "within ten years" looks safe.
C0H52Y.gif

"I know that. I can't believe you thought I didn't know that...I'm quite aware of that. Is it me? It's him, right?"
-Nathan Thurm