• The KillerFrogs

OU fans...

82Frog

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-03%20at%2012.10.34%20AM_zpscfptsvra.png

Tre J

ifrog said:
Not so subtle brag
I actually left out the best part. I sold 2 of my +4 for $1,500 each. They were nice OU people that know how to act in the private setting of the west side lower bowl. My other 2 of my +4 I gave to a TCU fan. If I wasn't expecting to close some business with him soon, he would have had to buy them, or more likely, an OU fan would have paid top dollar. The good thing is, if I do close on this business, I won't have to sell them in future years to help pay for all my tickets. I can actually just use the ones I need and let the others sit in my safe deposit box.

Pharm Frog

Westsider said:
Your end game is admirable, but what you're currently doing with your +4's is deplorable and is precisely what is wrong with the lower bowl.

Interesting description. I have no stake in this other than to state that I can't see anything wrong with people doing with their property what they choose to do with their property that doesn't damage others' property (especially in something as trivial as football game seats). I suppose I could be convinced that there's something wrong with this practice but its gonna have to be really damn compelling reasoning to beat my natural libertarian tendencies. (and "how it looks on TV" and "how it looks to people on the other side of the stadium" and "how it looks to recruits" and "atmosphere of home field advantage" aren't even close and irrelevant to property rights issues IMO).

Would I prefer it not work out this way? Of course...but there's many things that I would prefer happen a certain way and don't because people have the freedom of choice. And FWIW - the time before last that we played in Norman, I got tickets from OU fans at the 45 on the home side about half way up (and there were other Frog fans in proximity as well). And the last two times we've played the annual Stillwater game I've gotten tickets from OSU fans right smack dab in the middle of their preferred seating as well. Big deal.

keep-calm-and-stay-deplorable-3.png

Dogfrog

Pharm Frog said:

Interesting description. I have no stake in this other than to state that I can't see anything wrong with people doing with their property what they choose to do with their property that doesn't damage others' property (especially in something as trivial as football game seats). I suppose I could be convinced that there's something wrong with this practice but its gonna have to be really damn compelling reasoning to beat my natural libertarian tendencies. (and "how it looks on TV" and "how it looks to people on the other side of the stadium" and "how it looks to recruits" and "atmosphere of home field advantage" aren't even close and irrelevant to property rights issues IMO).

Would I prefer it not work out this way? Of course...but there's many things that I would prefer happen a certain way and don't because people have the freedom of choice. And FWIW - the time before last that we played in Norman, I got tickets from OU fans at the 45 on the home side about half way up (and there were other Frog fans in proximity as well). And the last two times we've played the annual Stillwater game I've gotten tickets from OSU fans right smack dab in the middle of their preferred seating as well. Big deal.

keep-calm-and-stay-deplorable-3.png
I absolutely agree that people have the right to sell their tickets. And I understand providing clients tickets to sporting events. I did it for 40 years. Cowboys, Super Bowl, World Series, Masters. And it's also understandable to invite opponent fans you know and who will be sitting with you. But I have never sold my season tickets on Stubhub to strangers and never will because I respect my fellow frog fans too much to do that to them. To each his own.

BABYFACE

I am usually cool, but some OU dude kept yelling "go get him Bob," when Stoops cried twice to finally get a flag thrown for intentional grounding. I commented, "why, does OU pay officiating crews?" Not my normal behavior but it reminded of Baylor fans applauding Briles for acting like a jackwagon. Plus, that was such a weird no call, and then explained why it was not a penalty then it became a penalty. I have seen calls reversed, but nothing like that intentional grounding debacle.

Pharm Frog

BABYFACE said:
I am usually cool, but some OU dude kept yelling "go get him Bob," when Stoops cried twice to finally get a flag thrown for intentional grounding. I commented, "why, does OU pay officiating crews?" Not my normal behavior but it reminded of Baylor fans applauding Briles for acting like a jackwagon. Plus, that such a weird no call, and then explained why it was a penalty then it became a penalty. I have seen calls reversed, but nothing like that intentional grounding debacle.

That was one of the strangest "reversals" from a lot of perspectives. I would assume that the officials are receiving grades for their performance sometime this week. Because of how it was handled there's no way they don't get an F for something. And was CGP given the opportunity to fling his headset and accost an official or did they just start the play clock?

XIIFrog

I admittedly was a total popsicle to one OU bro in front of me at the beginning of the game. I think it was a combination of too much pregame whisky and hearing Boomer Sooner being played on repeat one section over (sometimes even when WE got a FIRST DOWN!!), but I definitely rubbed our early success in his face. Karma's a witch.

Embarrassed my wife a little bit as well as myself, but you live and learn. The guy was a total tool though, and I was getting along with his friends just fine before he showed up; something about him just made me want him to wish he stayed in Norman. By the end of the first quarter he left and I quieted down after realizing I was drunk and being a tool myself.

To go along with another thread, if I knew I could enjoy a cold beer inside the stadium, I probably wouldn't try to overcompensate with liquor before the game. Still, apologies to those around me if I was a bad representative of frognation. I will be drinking less at future tailgates.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Hey where'd the damn video go? Steel had fun watching it over and over. Also steel was trying to find the dork using a google images search.

There's no reason to take down the vidja as the drunk ass hole had no expectation of privacy in a public place. If he was gonna act a fool anybody could tape him doing it even ESPN.

WhatTheFrog

The OU fans that sat in front of us this week were really classy.  I actually hunkered down with them at one point and told them that I appreciated them being as classy as they were and that I'd never encountered a fan base such as theirs.  

I think that reinforces preferable behavior at future games, kinda like the Dog Whisperer.  It has worked great for my Pit mix!