• The KillerFrogs

OU fans...

Pharm Frog

jugbandfrog said:
People in general have gotten annoying as boat. Just enjoy the game. Enjoy the moment.
Good advice. Wrong century I'm afraid. We were planning to go to Lawrence next weekend but Mrs Pharm said she didn't want to spend the time, money, and energy and risk having the game environment destroyed by obnoxious fans like she experienced in Stillwater twice. She may be done with live D1 college football

COWTOWN FAN

We had the same problem with three OU fans behind us in 234. The tickets are bought on stubhub each game and we have had problem fan around us each game. They are cursing and rub  but probably not breaking the law. I think the stubhub selling of ticket in TCU season ticket holder sections is the problem but CDC won't stop it.

fanatical frog

Pharm Frog said:
Good advice. Wrong century I'm afraid. We were planning to go to Lawrence next weekend but Mrs Pharm said she didn't want to spend the time, money, and energy and risk having the game environment destroyed by obnoxious fans like she experienced in Stillwater twice. She may be done with live D1 college football
Both times we've been to Lawrence the folks around us have been courteous and friendly.    Mostly at this time of year they're just waiting for basketball to start.

Ron Swanson

tcumaniac said:
My fiancé and her family were there. It's easy to be an Internet tough guy, but unless he had gotten near me or in my face, I wasn't going to go over and start anything and risk getting myself kicked out of the stadium in front of my future in-laws... and with the way that guy was acting, combined with my temper and proneness to completely snap, I would have been putting myself in a situation with a very high probability of getting arressted.
You were surrounded by witnesses that could've vouched for you.

I put an SMU guy on his arse in the TCU section of SMU's stadium and he was the one who got kicked out of the game when the cops came. He was similar to this guy and sat in the visiting section just to be an annoying idiot.

I understand not wanting to do something because of the in-law situation, but in all honesty, you probably would've gained some points in their eyes if you had handled it.

And I'm not being an internet tough guy, I'm not a tough guy at all, I NEVER get in fights and am always the guy trying to break it up when something happens. But that guy was absolutely asking for it and I literally wouldn't have been able to sit in that area without doing something.

Pharm Frog

fanatical frog said:
Both times we've been to Lawrence the folks around us have been courteous and friendly.    Mostly at this time of year they're just waiting for basketball to start.
We were there as a family the first time we played up there in the B12. Same experience but I think she may just be done regardless of venue and team although I bet she'd go to Boulder or back to Fort Collins for a game.

Dogfrog

Moose Stuff said:
What the hell is that little guy gonna do? Kick me in the shin? If you want to put a peaceful end to it you go find an usher and tell him the guy needs to stop or he needs to go. Problem solved.
I agree. Obviously the guy is no threat to anybody but neither do I want to beat up a [ Finebaum ] faced defenseless little POS in front of hundreds of people.

Nothing is as bad as a Baylor fan when their team is good. Nothing. They don't even know the game of football but they know when they are winning and they will make sure you know it. I've thought many times throwing little annoying Baylor dorks down the metal stands. The bravest ones are their 120 lbs. alums or their big fat tall Amish looking ones or their girlfriends (I know I just described 90% of Baylor alums).

Texas Tech fans were really bad until TCU proved it's worth in the Big 12. But they are still horrendous when you visit them at their stadium.

FrogSwagSurfin

tcumaniac said:
Until yesterday, I've never had much of a problem with OU fans. From multiple trips to Norman, they've always been very kind and welcoming compared to other fan bases, but yesterday literally every OU fan I encountered or witnessed was just a completely insufferable [Rece Davis] bag.

This kid in particular was especially vile in section 233. He was extremely intoxicated and vulgar the entire time. He kept repetitively yelling "Darn TCU," "TCU is so darning gay," "T C U Faggggs!" "Wowww. What a bunch of darning fagsss!!" "TCU sucks soooo darning much," "Wow!! Your faggggot fans are so loud my ears are hurting. Stop being so loud TCU faggggs!"

And then he would walk up to people and get in their faces and try to give Tcu fans high fives when something good would happen for OU. And he also would get up in people's faces and start constantly clapping. He's lucky he didn't do it to me. Took everything in me to keep from walking up and punching him straight in the face.

https://youtu.be/jvVxGw0bMAQ
I didn't know Joey from the Jersey Shore was a TCU fan let alone at the game.

FrogSwagSurfin

Pharm Frog said:
Being from Kansas I can guarantee KU has no fans at the game. They're all camping out in front of Naismith Center for midnight madness.

TX_Krötenechse

COWTOWN FAN said:
We had the same problem with three OU fans behind us in 234. The tickets are bought on stubhub each game and we have had problem fan around us each game. They are cursing and rub  but probably not breaking the law. I think the stubhub selling of ticket in TCU season ticket holder sections is the problem but CDC won't stop it.
What exactly can CDC or the ticket office do? The tickets are transferable and can be bought and sold by anyone. I agree that we have an issue, but restricting StubHub sales of season tickets hurts Frog fans as well as visitors.

SnoSki said:
No problems in 235 yesterday.

That said, it KILLS me that for 3 consecutive seasons... the seats immediately to my right and one row behind me are consistently ALWAYS visiting fans. Every single game. Tech fans, UT fans, OU fans, Baylor fans, Arky fans, KSU fans, KU fans (kidding), ISU fans, OSU fans, SMU fans... and on and on. Capitalism is what it is... just a minor thorn in my side.
I also sat in 235 and had no issues. Some OU fans above us and some others well off to the right, all were courteous.

Actually in general I felt like the OU fans this game were pretty good. I was mentally prepared for the Boomer Sooner chants but it never happened.

Westsider

Every time I've told someone to sit the scheiss down they've done it. There's something about them turning around and finding a large gray hair reaking of Shiner Bock and my red face stroking out.

Tre J

Tom Brown said:
No problems in lower bowl north endzone. They cheered for their team just like us.
No problems in the lower west bowl either. Sat there during the first qtr but moved up to my club seats during the second and third qtr since the atmosphere had died down. No problems there either. Then moved back to my lower west bowl tickets for the exciting fourth quarter and still no problems. I guess having 5 feet between me and people around me won't allow what happens where you are though.

Pharm Frog

MBAFrog said:
If we would have won, this would have bothered you much less.
In general when I've had a game experience badly impacted by fan behavior my irritation level has been pretty unrelated to the outcome. But that's just me. If anything it might be the opposite of what you suggest since I would have had the capacity to enjoy it more with a win.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Westsider said:
Every time I've told someone to sit the (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) down they've done it. There's something about them turning around and finding a large gray hair reaking of Shiner Bock and my red face stroking out.

well, that, and the open carry thing

JugbandFrog

Pharm Frog said:
I meant I wish people would just enjoy it without all the dbagerry.

I feel the same way. I am wary of traveling for the same reason.

ifrog

Tre J said:
No problems in the lower west bowl either. Sat there during the first qtr but moved up to my club seats during the second and third qtr since the atmosphere had died down. No problems there either. Then moved back to my lower west bowl tickets for the exciting fourth quarter and still no problems. I guess having 5 feet between me and people around me won't allow what happens where you are though.
Not so subtle brag

HToady

I told my son, at away games, you are free to cheer for your team, you just don't cheer against the other team. A simple rule of good sportsmanship.

BTW, I know this kid. He's a Paschal grad and his parents have a tailgate spot in Lot 3. A copy of this link has been sent to his mother...

ifrog

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I didn't know Joey from the Jersey Shore was a TCU fan let alone at the game.
Only a Brilesbag would stereotype the TCU fan that chose to take the high road from an OU punk