• The KillerFrogs

OU Daily: Sooners' biggest hole will be at safety this weekend

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
OU Daily: Sooners' biggest hole will be at safety this weekend

Abby Bitterman, sports reporter

Thanks to an injury and a penalty, the Sooners will have an issue at safety against TCU.

Oklahoma will start against the Horned Frogs down two players at safety. Coach Lincoln Riley announced Monday junior Kahlil Haughton will be unavailable for Saturday's game after suffering an injury against Oklahoma State. Senior Will Johnson will be unavailable for the first half of the game after being ejected for targeting late in the third quarter against the Cowboys.

"Yeah we're down some guys, but we'll be ready," defensive coordinator Mike Stoops said.

Read more at http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklah...cle_832eff6e-c423-11e7-aad9-83f6cb209ff0.html

froggrad08

Time to exploit the secondary. I really think if we can give Hill time we have some chances to throw some deep balls to Reagor. He’s so fast.

Sebastian S

I think we should go for a big play early, try to get a quick score and hold the lead.

It's going to be tough if we have to play catch up.

W

Way of the Frog

Quite simply this is the biggest hole in the OU defense and he no longer has his brother to cover for him.

th

FrogLifeYo

For the last 4 weeks every team has played us the same way..commit 7 to the box, press cover on the outside and drop into zone..None of that will change this week.

Its no secret that every team thinks they can force Kenny into loosing the game. They've all failed because they didn't realize we aren't asking Kenny to win the games. We are winning because we are surprising teams with how much more physical we are then them. We don't need Kenny to win games for us or be a gunslinger. If we can run downhill on OU we will win

Sebastian S

For the last 4 weeks every team has played us the same way..commit 7 to the box, press cover on the outside and drop into zone..None of that will change this week.

Its no secret that every team thinks they can force Kenny into loosing the game. They've all failed because they didn't realize we aren't asking Kenny to win the games. We are winning because we are surprising teams with how much more physical we are then them. We don't need Kenny to win games for us or be a gunslinger. If we can run downhill on OU we will win

Works for us when the score is close or we are in the lead.

OU is the type to team that can blow it wide open in an instant, hopefully that never happens.

FrogLifeYo

Works for us when the score is close or we are in the lead.

OU is the type to team that can blow it wide open in an instant, hopefully that never happens.
Sure...But the score has been close or we have had a lead all year...My point is to come out and attempt to be something your not just because the other team is explosive is a recipe for a loss. If they are salty enough to take away our run game than we can open up but we certainly don't want to give them more possessions on offense.

FrogCop19

Honest question, do they not throw to Turpin deep because by the time Hill gets the ball to him, he'd be up and over the wall and 7 rows deep in the stands?

Seriously, though, does Turp just outrun our quarterback's accuracy/arm strength?
I'm not bashing Hill by any means, he's gotten us to where we are by near record-setting completions, but how many of those throws were over 15-20 yards in the air? I would love to see a graphic that shows where Hill's passes were caught this year. I have watched every game, and I don't recall more than a couple of times where the ball has passed 20 or so yards before our receivers took over and did the rest.