• The KillerFrogs

OT: people complaining about weather

sketchy

Just curious as to why people, who have chosen to reside in N. Texas, [ hundin] so much about outdoor temperatures, usually from now thru September?
Do people, here, seriously think that 90 - 105 is just simply unbearable?
Have NT's become this wimpy?
Jesus, even the TV weather people stress how hot it is...and how people need to stay indoors.
Seriously?
This is Texas goddangit.....what do people expect?

If people will become less obese, maybe that will help.
Seeing the fats out sweating, or wearing shorts, is grotesque.

Just curious as to when this trend of heat complaining began.

Frog DJ

My mother was born in Texas, and lived here all her life. She never stopped complaining about how hot it was in the summer.

She repeatedly said, "I don't know what everybody thinks is so great about 'the good ol' days.' I like air conditioning!"

Thanks for you post. I brought back some wonderful memories for me...

Go Frogs!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Just curious as to why people, who have chosen to reside in N. Texas, Briles-itch so much about outdoor temperatures, usually from now thru September?
Jesus, even the TV weather people stress how hot it is...and how people need to stay indoors.
Seriously?

I feel as though you may need a cup of coffee and a fresh start to your day.

HToady

Living in Texas in Summer is not much different than living in Minnesota in Winter, certain times during the day, you just have to stay inside. Unlike Minnesota, though, we can still go out in the mornings and evenings.

100 doesn't bother me as much as "brown grass and trees" Makes it much more depressing.

cdsfrog

Love Texas but even if I retire there 100% chance I would not live there in the summer. Summer in the 70s is so much nicer.

So many great options domestic and international.

cdsfrog

Holy crap you would rather it be 100 than say 50? Hell no, not for me Wear a thin jacket and that weather is perfect. I do hate the extreme cold though.

Much prefer 90 to 15 and 105 to zero. Hottest I've been on 115 which I'm sure is much better than -15.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Holy crap you would rather it be 100 than say 50? Hell no, not for me Wear a thin jacket and that weather is perfect. I do hate the extreme cold though.

Much prefer 90 to 15 and 105 to zero. Hottest I've been on 115 which I'm sure is much better than -15.
Both suck.

Frog DJ

I spent 13 months in Korea during my stint in the Army, and that country had both extremes. It was blazing hot in the summer, and bitterly cold in the winter. After going through sub-freezing temperatures for weeks on end, I vowed to never live up north.

That winter (1970-71) was absolutely miserable, and i turned down job offers in Milwaukee, Buffalo and several other cities north of the Mason-Dixon line because of my experiences in Korea. Maybe it's because I was born and reared in Texas, but that kind of non-stop cold is impossible to describe unless you have lived through it personally.

Go Frogs!

BABYFACE

I don't like yard work in 90 plus weather, but I can take the heat. If I lost the weight I put on, a skinnier me would be less drained from yard work at any temperature.

Cold weather doesn't bother me, and I actually look forward to the cool crisp air. I just don't want it to be cold 8 months out of the year.

My favorite year round temperature was Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. I once saw an avg ttemp for the whole year for that area. I think it came out to low of 71 and high of 82. Of course low to mid 90's for July and August. Living on the beachfront didn't suck.

Froginbedford

Just curious as to why people, who have chosen to reside in N. Texas, Briles-itch so much about outdoor temperatures, usually from now thru September?
Seriously?

Everything/everybody having A/C since about 1970 has diminished the ability to cope with heat, in addition to general poor physical chape of the population....I didn't have a car with A/C until 1974....Didn't have even window unit A/C growing up until about 1966....

Opintel

Moderators
Viet Nam and Bahrain (Summer)...Maine in February, the blast freezer at our meat plant (50 odd years ago).

You just acclimate, or, stay inside. Simple. Unless you can't.

sketchy

I feel as though you may need a cup of coffee and a fresh start to your day.

I think it was the weatherman that set me on a rant.
He stated "everyone just needs to stay indoors today, from noon'ish until around 6"
That kind of set me off, he was acting like it was Armageddon time.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Everything/everybody having A/C since about 1970 has diminished the ability to cope with heat, in addition to general poor physical chape of the population....I didn't have a car with A/C until 1974....Didn't have even window unit A/C growing up until about 1966....

I had a poop-brown 1983 Mustang with no A/C all through my TCU years. Including working summers as a runner for law firms in the old TeamBank building downtown. Driving all over D/FW in the summer in a car with no A/C was brutal. They were re-surfacing I30 at that time. Sitting on new pavement in a car with no A/C between Fort Worth and Dallas in August is one of the circles of hell.