• The KillerFrogs

OT - Best recipes/methods for smoking Baby Back Ribs

westoverhillbilly

Baby backs can be great but do have a lot of fat on them.. Get a really sharp knife and cut the membrane off the back of the ribs- it's like a thin see thru sheet of paper and as much excess fat off the rest of the ribs as you can..

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Never cooked baby backs, but for spare ribs I use a light rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, brown sugar and one unusual (for barbecue) savory spice that I won't divulge. Smoke at 225 for 3 hours, then re-dust lightly with the same rub, add a little extra brown sugar on top, add a couple lines of Parkay and a little Thai Kitchen red chile dipping sauce. Wrap and back in smoker (or in the oven...makes no difference at this point) at 225 for 2 hours. They're usually done by then. Sometimes I'll add a little homemade sauce (ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, liquid smoke, rub spices) and let it set by throwing them back on unwrapped for 20-30 minutes, but usually not. Let them rest for 30 minutes or so before eating. Really the only ways to screw that up are to cook too hot or by not wrapping tightly enough, which causes them to steam for 2 hours Also, it's easier to cut if you buy racks with bones straight up and down.
Coriander?