OT-Best Crappy Boss Story

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by tcufrogprince1, Oct 11, 2017.

1. #41 mc1502, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Yes, my last boss was a 5 foot nothing, balding, ahole, with a serious nepolian complex. I got the heck out of there as fast as I could. He once threw a proposal I had worked on for five months into the trash because he didn't like the PowerPoint template I used to create it. I had numerous discussions with him that required me to close the door. This dude was a transfer from Germany that had been given the job as a stretch role. He literally had three months experience in the job when he hired me. I had over twenty years experience, and was hired to esentially serve as a guide for this guy, but he couldn't handle his subordinate giving him any direction. It got to the point that I started telling him straight out that he didn't know what he was doing ,and that he was dong long term damage to this fortune 500 company. No kidding, one of the best days of my life was the day I gave him my resignation letter. It more than likely saved my marriage because I no longer hated getting up in the morning.

My advice is to go back to work, but dedicate yourself to finding a new place to work.

Horned Toad likes this.
  2. I once had a boss who subscribed to the "barefoot and pregnant" management style...

Barefoot = Pay employees on the cheap
    Pregnant = Screw them every chance you get.

tcufrogprince1, BABYFACE and HToady like this.
  3. Back in my younger 20’s, I worked for a large company. Things were hectic for about a week when it appeared that union workers of our company might strike. My boss assigned specific tasks to me that I was not to stray from. He also said if any other department head needed me, they would have to go thru him first. Well, that happened and I followed my boss’s instructions to the letter.

I found myself the following week. having to answer for insubordination. My boss left me to wither in the wind and denied his instructions to me. His boss didn’t fire me, because it seemed amiss to him.

I then tried for over 9 months to transfer out, but my boss blocked it every time. I then decided to quit.

Funny thing, a dozen years later, I received a vendor call from a gal to book a meeting with me for her boss. She told me his name, and it appeared it was my old notorious boss, but I didn’t say anything. The day of the meeting had arrived, and that bastage walked into my office. Before I had a chance to acknowledge him or say anything, that coward did a 180 and walked out without so much as a word.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Bad army bosses don't qualify if they are officers. Its like singling out 1 [ Orgeron ] from the rest cause it stinks.

5. Slow clap. Meaning i'll start next week.

6. Just took a quick glance at the top of the page and thought this thread title was "OT - Best Crappie Bass Spot."

Thought someone started another random "OT" thread that was dedicated to some hybrid fishing. I got interested for a second.

BABYFACE and Peacefrog like this.
  7. There are still the "good guys" and the chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] guys all about regs and rank.

8. I might point out that your observation applies to non-coms and officers alike.

Hoosierfrog likes this.
  9. Very true...

PurplFrawg likes this.