• The KillerFrogs

Oregon State ticket prices

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 04:08 PM) [snapback]540968[/snapback]
I am not arguing that is not why his 1 friend isn't going. The holiday weekend has nothing to do with anything . It has NOTHING to do with going to the game at Jerry World or not. Football season always starts on that holiday weekend. If he goes and sees his family every year then he wouldn't have gone no matter who we played or where we played it. If this is the first time he has visited his fam on that weekend, a big football game just isn't that important to him. We have known about it for awhile.

Not coming bc of memorial day is kindof an excuse though. Big time programs don't have lower attendance bc of it and niether should we.

That's just the thing, you're arguing against things that no one is arguing. RSF said....

"Thus far, I've been able to drum up little interest (ie, none) in attending the DeathStar game amongst my friends. The reasons fall into 3 categories: 1) the cost of a ticket, 2) who runs the facility, and 3) holiday weekend."

He didn't say, "No one in the metroplex is going to come to this football game because of the holiday weekend. The holiday weekend will be the reason we have bad attendance".

Had he said that, all of your responses to him would have been perfectly fine, but that's not what happened. He gave reasons why his friends personally weren't going to make. Yet you still found something to argue with him about.

Just please quit being an argumentative [ profanity ] about everything.

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 5 2010, 09:22 PM) [snapback]540979[/snapback]
That's just the thing, you're arguing against things that no one is arguing. RSF said....

"Thus far, I've been able to drum up little interest (ie, none) in attending the DeathStar game amongst my friends. The reasons fall into 3 categories: 1) the cost of a ticket, 2) who runs the facility, and 3) holiday weekend."

He didn't say, "No one in the metroplex is going to come to this football game because of the holiday weekend. The holiday weekend will be the reason we have bad attendance".

Had he said that, all of your responses to him would have been perfectly fine, but that's not what happened. He gave reasons why his friends personally weren't going to make. Yet you still found something to argue with him about.

Just please quit being an argumentative [ profanity ] about everything.

Quit responding and there will be no discussion or argument.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 04:32 PM) [snapback]540993[/snapback]

In other words... "I was just being an argumentative [ profanity ], and you proved it"

Shooter

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 03:32 PM) [snapback]540993[/snapback]

gdu, you don't have the firepower to get in a pissing contest with RSF or Houston Frog. If I were you I'd leave it alone. :dry:

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Apr 5 2010, 04:48 PM) [snapback]541002[/snapback]
Just checking into this thread for the first time. I would have to assume that the "quest" was a success.

Turns out he was "The Chosen One"

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 5 2010, 09:34 PM) [snapback]540995[/snapback]
In other words... "I was just being an argumentative [ profanity ], and you proved it"

in your mind, sure, but you already thought that, so nothing was proven.

this is a thread about ticket prices, right? not one about labor day weekend plans of non-tcu fans?

gdu

QUOTE(Shooter @ Apr 5 2010, 09:36 PM) [snapback]540997[/snapback]
gdu, you don't have the firepower to get in a pissing contest with RSF or Houston Frog. If I were you I'd leave alone. :dry:

right.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 5 2010, 04:56 PM) [snapback]541003[/snapback]
Turns out he was "The Chosen One"

...who rode the Space Unicorn to Doucheland.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(HToady @ Apr 5 2010, 03:48 PM) [snapback]540949[/snapback]
We all knew that the school would get a big payday at the Fiesta Bowl. That made the $100 a pop more palatable. What kind of payoff are we getting from Jerry / ESPN? $9M to $12M?

If I thought we were I would "shell out". Somehow I'm thinking it's going into someone else's pockets.

The Oregon State game is much more important to TCU than the Fiesta Bowl for one reason. The Fiesta Bowl is HISTORY. Oregon State is the next game on our schedule, played prime time on ESPN national television at Cowboy stadium, opening game of the season. We have an opportunity to make a great showing in front of the nation. Anything less than a spectacular showing 20 minutes from our campus would be embarrassing. However, that won't happen. Happily, the few complaining here will be missed, and I wish them well, but TCU will show up big time for that game.

gdu

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 6 2010, 01:14 AM) [snapback]541047[/snapback]
The Oregon State game is much more important to TCU than the Fiesta Bowl for one reason. The Fiesta Bowl is HISTORY. Oregon State is the next game on our schedule, played prime time on ESPN national television at Cowboy stadium, opening game of the season. We have an opportunity to make a great showing in front of the nation. Anything less than a spectacular showing 20 minutes from our campus would be embarrassing. However, that won't happen. Happily, the few complaining here will be missed, and I wish them well, but TCU will show up big time for that game.

Hope so, but I expected that in Glendale too.

So how are students supposed to afford this? Why should we pay to come when we can get some of the best seats in the house for free? Someone really screwed up on this one. Don't expect more than a couple hundred trust fund students. We're playing Oregon State here...I don't see how they can even begin to justify these prices.

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Apr 6 2010, 02:38 PM) [snapback]541372[/snapback]
So how are students supposed to afford this? Why should we pay to come when we can get some of the best seats in the house for free? Someone really screwed up on this one. Don't expect more than a couple hundred trust fund students. We're playing Oregon State here...I don't see how they can even begin to justify these prices.

If you go back a few pages someone stated that student tickets will be $35 a ticket. Not sure where those seats are, but I imagine they will be decent.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Apr 6 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]541374[/snapback]

QUOTE(Shaboozie @ Mar 31 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]538672[/snapback]
student tickets are $35

gdu

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Apr 6 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]541372[/snapback]

Out of curiousity, do you know of any other top 10 football program that lets their students go to home games free?

More importanly, do you know any other university period that lets their students go to ROAD games free?

This is a road game. $35 at Jerry World is a bargain.

Shaboozie

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Apr 6 2010, 02:38 PM) [snapback]541372[/snapback]

again, TCU student prices are $35

Shaboozie

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Apr 6 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]541374[/snapback]
Oh OK. Still a huge ripoff though. I would assume nosebleed. At least on TV I can see the players.

endzone