• The KillerFrogs

Oregon State ticket prices

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 5 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]540702[/snapback]
Thus far, I've been able to drum up little interest (ie, none) in attending the DeathStar game amongst my friends. The reasons fall into 3 categories: 1) the cost of a ticket, 2) who runs the facility, and 3) holiday weekend. OTOH, interest in attending the SMU game has been significant. It's been enlightening.

2 and 3 are excuses. #1 is the answer.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 09:59 AM) [snapback]540705[/snapback]
2 and 3 are excuses. #1 is the answer.

I'll be sure to pass that along, especially to the friend who's going to Columbia to visit his family. :rolleyes:

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 5 2010, 03:00 PM) [snapback]540706[/snapback]
I'll be sure to pass that along, especially to the friend who's going to Columbia to visit his family. :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with anything? He isn't that much of a football fan if he is doing that on opening weekend.

halfwaytoheaven

You know, I briefly considered not going to this game. Then I remembered that Dalton will be looking to pass Sammy Baugh for TCU's career wins record, and any thought of not attending instantly disappeared. It would be perfect if he could do it at AGC, but I guess Arlington is better than Corvallis, Oregon.

neo926

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 10:09 AM) [snapback]540714[/snapback]
What does that have to do with anything? He isn't that much of a football fan if he is doing that on opening weekend.

Obviously, no one would dare do anything family-related over Labor Day weekend. Unheard of.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

I'd explain it to you, but its just seems like wasted effort, since all you're trying to do is pick a fight.

HToady

I bought my season tickets and a parking pass for the OSU game. I'm going to wait to see if there is a better ticket price deal closer to the game. I can't see spending as much for one game then my entire season ticket cost.

I'll bet there will be "Party Packs" available. If worse coems to worse, I'll just stay in the parking lot. It won't be the first time that's happened!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Wow ... what difference does it make to you?

geno

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Mar 30 2010, 10:13 AM) [snapback]537742[/snapback]
It's going to look funny on TV to see everyone sitting in the 300 and 400 sections and no one in the lower levels.

What's going to look funny is a stadium that seats (at least accommodates) nearly a hundred thousand, and 20,000 are there. Love the Frogs, like the new AD, revere the coach, faithful to TCU....BUT, there's many like me who can't spent $300 plus parking plus snacks to see the Frogs play. Want to, yes, but can't do it. What, really, is the benefit of playing that game in Jerryworld?

gdu

QUOTE(Mike M. @ Apr 5 2010, 05:21 PM) [snapback]540824[/snapback]
Obviously, no one would dare do anything family-related over Labor Day weekend. Unheard of.

Or over bowl season.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 5 2010, 05:29 PM) [snapback]540832[/snapback]
I'd explain it to you, but its just seems like wasted effort, since all you're trying to do is pick a fight.

Not true, but keep pushing that line of BS. It gets you out of having to explain things.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 5 2010, 06:55 PM) [snapback]540895[/snapback]
Wow ... what difference does it make to you?

It doesn't make any difference to me personally, but that isn't the standard for topics to be discussed on internet forums. I want as many frog fans as possible there and I think ticket price will be much more of a factor in that not happening than the other two things he listed. Football season starts on labor day every year and attendance doesn't suffer. Multiply the cost of tickets x6 and I imagine attendance would be down a bit.

gdu

QUOTE(geno @ Apr 5 2010, 07:19 PM) [snapback]540905[/snapback]
What's going to look funny is a stadium that seats (at least accommodates) nearly a hundred thousand, and 20,000 are there. Love the Frogs, like the new AD, revere the coach, faithful to TCU....BUT, there's many like me who can't spent $300 plus parking plus snacks to see the Frogs play. Want to, yes, but can't do it. What, really, is the benefit of playing that game in Jerryworld?

primo opponent on ESPN. We wouldn't be playing Oregon State or be on ESPN if they game weren't at Jerry World. We need to have a marquee opponent if we truly want to make a NCG push.

HToady

We all knew that the school would get a big payday at the Fiesta Bowl. That made the $100 a pop more palatable. What kind of payoff are we getting from Jerry / ESPN? $9M to $12M?

If I thought we were I would "shell out". Somehow I'm thinking it's going into someone else's pockets.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 5 2010, 03:16 PM) [snapback]540928[/snapback]
It doesn't make any difference to me personally, but that isn't the standard for topics to be discussed on internet forums. I want as many frog fans as possible there and I think ticket price will be much more of a factor in that not happening than the other two things he listed. Football season starts on labor day every year and attendance doesn't suffer. Multiply the cost of tickets x6 and I imagine attendance would be down a bit.

RSF didn't say that the holiday weekend was the main reason why attendance would suffer. He said it was one of three reasons he has heard specifically why people could not go. He did not put any sort of measure as to how each of the three would factor in. You called him on the holiday weekend thing, assuming that the people who had told him that were using it as an excuse, and they really didn't want to go because of the price of the ticket. He gave a specific example of a friend who would go to the game, but cannot because he is going to be out of town for the holiday. It is not an "excuse", it is a legitimate reason.

At this point, you should have just quit trying to prove your point. How you could even keep arguing after that is beyond me.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 5 2010, 03:50 PM) [snapback]540950[/snapback]
At this point, you should have just quit trying to prove your point. How you could even keep arguing after that is beyond me.

pathological
Main Entry: path·o·log·i·cal
Pronunciation: \ˌpa-thə-ˈlä-ji-kəl\
Variant(s): also path·o·log·ic \-jik\
Function: adjective
Date: 1688
1 : of or relating to pathology
2 : altered or caused by disease; also : indicative of disease
3 : being such to a degree that is extreme, excessive, or markedly abnormal

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 5 2010, 08:50 PM) [snapback]540950[/snapback]
RSF didn't say that the holiday weekend was the main reason why attendance would suffer. He said it was one of three reasons he has heard specifically why people could not go. He did not put any sort of measure as to how each of the three would factor in. You called him on the holiday weekend thing, assuming that the people who had told him that were using it as an excuse, and they really didn't want to go because of the price of the ticket. He gave a specific example of a friend who would go to the game, but cannot because he is going to be out of town for the holiday. It is not an "excuse", it is a legitimate reason.

I am not arguing that is not why his 1 friend isn't going. The holiday weekend has nothing to do with anything . It has NOTHING to do with going to the game at Jerry World or not. Football season always starts on that holiday weekend. If he goes and sees his family every year then he wouldn't have gone no matter who we played or where we played it. If this is the first time he has visited his fam on that weekend, a big football game just isn't that important to him. We have known about it for awhile.

Not coming bc of memorial day is kindof an excuse though. Big time programs don't have lower attendance bc of it and niether should we.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 5 2010, 09:06 PM) [snapback]540966[/snapback]
pathological
Main Entry: path·o·log·i·cal
Pronunciation: \ˌpa-thə-ˈlä-ji-kəl\
Variant(s): also path·o·log·ic \-jik\
Function: adjective
Date: 1688
1 : of or relating to pathology
2 : altered or caused by disease; also : indicative of disease
3 : being such to a degree that is extreme, excessive, or markedly abnormal

I'm just responding to posts addressed to me. You guys are 50% of these pointless discussions whether you can admit it or not.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(HToady @ Apr 5 2010, 03:48 PM) [snapback]540949[/snapback]
We all knew that the school would get a big payday at the Fiesta Bowl. That made the $100 a pop more palatable. What kind of payoff are we getting from Jerry / ESPN? $9M to $12M?

If I thought we were I would "shell out". Somehow I'm thinking it's going into someone else's pockets.

We didn't get $9-12 million from the Fiesta Bowl, either - the MWC got $9.8, and TCU ended up with $3-4 million (estimate - not sure if the MWC makes that info available). We won't get even that much from this game, but it'll be a lot more than from any other OOC road game we could have scheduled. Plus, national exposure is pretty cool. Don't worry about how much of your ticket price is going back to TCU - just figure out how much you're willing/able to pay to watch the Frogs. Also, the alternative was playing in Corvallis, Oregon - how much would it have cost you to attend that game?