• The KillerFrogs

Oklahoma Press Conference

W

Way of the Frog

Somewhat hyperbolic, but I mean of the things that are actual variables. We know what we have on defense, QB, etc. If we win it will be because if clock control. Without Morris I don't see that happening.

Frogs ran for over 170 yards last week against Texas without Morris. Why do you think they can't do the same against a defense that isn't as talented up front and isn't as well coached?

AroundWorldFrog

Frogs ran for over 170 yards last week against Texas without Morris. Why do you think they can't do the same against a defense that isn't as talented up front and isn't as well coached?
All indications, from before and after his injury, are that the OL is better with him. Yes, I'd like to see him back.

Limey Frog

The difference is how many points we might need to score. Yes, we eventually made decent yardage vs. Texas, but we were hardly scoring at will or controlling the game like we did in Stillwater. Have we truly done that against anyone since Morris went out? K-State to an extent, and Kansas because they suck, but against decent teams--ISU, WVU and Texas--our offense has been hot and cold. Hot and cold won't beat OU if we need to keep Mayfield on the sideline and score 30 points.

FrogLifeYo

Smart mix of hyper speed and milking the clock will keep them off balance. If we run for 200+ Faker won't see as many opportunities and we'll positioned beautifully for a W..They went for 700+Yards last week because Gundy wanted to run hyper speed all game and out punch them..Stupid move..control the tempo and we will win

W

Way of the Frog

The difference is how many points we might need to score. Yes, we eventually made decent yardage vs. Texas, but we were hardly scoring at will or controlling the game like we did in Stillwater. Have we truly done that against anyone since Morris went out? K-State to an extent, and Kansas because they suck, but against decent teams--ISU, WVU and Texas--our offense has been hot and cold. Hot and cold won't beat OU if we need to keep Mayfield on the sideline and score 30 points.

But why do you think we can't run the ball effectively against OU? Why don't you think we can control the ball against the Sooners.

You do realize they are giving up over 4 yards a rush and are #9 in pass defense. That doesn't guarantee success as the Frogs still need to go out and perform, but the Texas defense is a much better unit than OU up to this point int he season.

Do you realize to this point we have played the #2 (ISU), #3 (Texas), #4 (KState), #5 (WVU), and #6 (OSU) scoring defenses in the Big 12. One guess who the #1 scoring defense is and a hint, it isn't OU.

Wexahu

The run defenses of KSU, ISU, WVU and Texas are better, and in some cases significantly so, than Jackson State, Arkansas, SMU and Oklahoma State. That makes a huge difference.

Trust me, we aren't going to be pounding the ball down opponent's throats all game long when Morris comes back. We aren't built for that. We're a better running team than we were last year, no question. Are we better with Morris in the game? Probably so to some degree, but more than anything the passing game is going to have to be more consistent and we're going to have to open some things up downfield to get the offense really going.

W

Way of the Frog

All indications, from before and after his injury, are that the OL is better with him. Yes, I'd like to see him back.

I don't disagree, but for some reason many here don't realize just how good a job the offensive line did last week against a very good defensive front.

TX_Krötenechse

Just assume Morris is out for the year and then be pleasantly surprised if he plays. If you’re going to hope for anything on that front, hope he somehow is able to get another year of eligibilty (I think not but I’m no expert).

FrogLifeYo

You know Just about every week I watch our team play and say to myself that our offense just isn't good enough for us to win big games...every week we seem to get it done. I've been convinced that we are just going to look uglier than most and that's ok..I think the uglier the game the better for us..We can win with our current offense

Wexahu

You know Just about every week I watch our team play and say to myself that our offense just isn't good enough for us to win big games...every week we seem to get it done. I've been convinced that we are just going to look uglier than most and that's ok..I think the uglier the game the better for us..We can win with our current offense

I agree, we can win with our offense, we’ve shown that. But it would sure be nice if the passing game would improve, it’d make things a lot easier.

Limey Frog

I'm not worried about OU's defense, I'm worried about our offense. Even if we hold Mayfield to half of his recent level of productivity we'll still need 35 points to win. How good has a defense needed to be lately to hold us below that? You don't need to be that good to stop a team if their receivers don't even know which play has been called, their QB takes too many sacks and their line draws a penalty every fifth play. If it's that version of TCU's offense that shows up we're going to get smoked.

BleedNPurple

Baker makes it hard because of his escapability.

36 and 81? They are big bodies. Been in system long time. 12 personnel. Have to line up and know where they are at.

ranked as #6 D? reality is somewhere in between. Stats are Not important until end of season. We have a lot of work to do.

Nobody on the football team ever graduates - team loses with 10 year players including BM

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm not worried about OU's defense, I'm worried about our offense. Even if we hold Mayfield to half of his recent level of productivity we'll still need 35 points to win. How good has a defense needed to be lately to hold us below that? You don't need to be that good to stop a team if their receivers don't even know which play has been called, their QB takes too many sacks and their line draws a penalty every fifth play. If it's that version of TCU's offense that shows up we're going to get smoked.
One game that offense showed up. 8 games it didn't. Odds favor it not showing up.

CountryFrog

Every single week I come in here and read if we do this that and the other then we just won't be able to beat Team X. Sure, it worked against team Y and Z, but you do that against team X and you'll get smoked.

While some of that is true, it works both ways. If OU does certain things then they won't be able to beat a team as good as TCU.

It's football. Both teams will make mistakes. Neither is likely to play at their absolute best or absolute worst. Like most games between good teams, it will just come down to which team can limit mistakes while making a couple more plays along the way. Statistical rankings and past performances aren't going to mean anything once the game starts.