• The KillerFrogs

Oklahoma Press Conference

lowfrog

Eric Bell - excited to be back in NCAA tourney. This is year 6, we have gone back to back. Nice run in Big 12 tourney. Excited to play arizona.

Games change in post season? depends on opponent. looking forward to playing our style vs theirs. We are a little banged up. 3 games in 5 days. We are recovering from that.

D & Goaltending - Been outstanding. Big saves in PK in Big 12 tourney. Very happy. Goal is to come out with a shutout.

Zona - remind me of Baylor. More direct. Not as physical as Baylor.

Done well on the road. Allows us to circle the wagons. Focus in on soccer and the game plan.

Young team? they are battle tested. they gained experience with the weekend.

Practicing in zona on wed and thursday, match on friday.

Been watching them play this season. They are everything Eric says they are.

don

Jamie Dixon -

Ready to go. Start friday. Lot of excitement. Went to stars game last night, it was TCU night. Lot going on.

Practicing tomorrow and Thursday. JF is back. Got our 10 guys. 3 players redshirting. Like the club and team.

D - work in progress. Got to get better on perimeter.

Like our schedule.

Buzz around campus. Excitement in whole department.

Expectations? We've talked about it. Haven't done anything yet. Last year, picked 10th, this year 3rd in conference. Used GP's situation. they were picked 5th and now are 1st.

Expect to compete for conference championship. Felt we should have won more last year. Wins at end of year helped. Kansas win gave us the big win we needed vs very good teams.

Off season - Australia and 10 practices - we focused on offense. As we got into practices before season, got more focused on D. Have improved in the past week.

5 starters returning? don't think i ever brought back 5 at Pitt. constant rebuilds. I had it as an assistant.

Where does the advantage show up? We are not an old team. We have good leadership with seniors. Wins down the stretch is what we gained from last years group. Know their strengths and how to play with each other.

Teams identity? still developing. believe we can score. we understand pushing it and patience. Getting a stop and not relying on a lot of jump shots. Not quite there yet. Been shooting the 3 well.

JF - be careful? very conservative. he's the fastest player we have. attacking it was like he hasn't missed a beat. he's a relentless worker. playing at a high level this summer.

Kouat - changed his body dramatically. Bane - off the dribble and decision making has improved. also defensively. Rebounding well.

Tourney talk/dreams? We better believe and it not be a dream. A goal that comes with sacrifices.

Making the tourney? Big step. We expect to. The basketball program needs it. That's what I came back to do. We are headed in that direction. The next step.

don

Did he really say three guys are redshirting? You can pretty much figure out two of them but the third one is harder.

Yes. I was going to follow up on this comment but a certain writer asked the same question 4 different ways and then they needed the room for football special teams.

Basketball also has announced signing of Angus McWilliam of New Zealand, 6'11 center

H0RNEDFR0G

Is he talking about after the end of this season? Why mention this?

My take is that he's trying to say: if we lose to OU, this isn't the end of the world, we aren't going to stop playing football, we can still do something special next year. Maybe the hope is that the recruits are listening and he's talking to the OL and WR's who haven't signed LOIs.