• The KillerFrogs

Okie State rings refuse to acknowledge third loss

Reptilian

The fact they continue to claim they got ripped off by the refs for losing to Central (Oh, filter me not , on the lone prairie..."F" word :eek:) Michigan, AT HOME, and clawing that loss back on their ALAMO BOWL ring is embarrassing. I don't have any ships to give about that school and I am embarrassed for them.

Yup, edited.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Brown

Technically, they are refusing to acknowledge their 1st loss of the season.

And funny enough, their own athletic website concedes the L, so it's just Coach Mullet that is being petty.

Pharm Frog

LMAO...... this board would have gone absolutely batship crazy if we lost a game that way and every last one of you knows it. Give me a break.

There's a massive difference between going batship crazy and purposefully memorializing a false historical record. If that had (or does) happen at TCU, I will be among the first in line to ridicule it. And, FWIW, I have made no secret of my general dislike for the Okie Lite fan base but I don't know a single alum who isn't embarrassed about this. Personally I think they have enough talent on that team this next season to be special but damn if it isn't a completely dysfunctional enterprise up there.

Punter1

LMAO...... this board would have gone absolutely batship crazy if we lost a game that way and every last one of you knows it. Give me a break.

Yea...but we (at least me) would have been more mad at the stupid play calling that set it up and the defensive effort that allowed the score. Plus...i doubt any of us would have supported a record change on a ring.

Pharm Frog

Yea...but we (at least me) would have been more mad at the stupid play calling that set it up and the defensive effort that allowed the score. Plus...i doubt any of us would have supported a record change on a ring.

Did the refs screw up? Undoubtedly. And it was equally apparent that precisely no coach on the field nor in the booth knew enough about the rule to challenge the officials on it. I didn't have a problem with the play call nearly as much as I did with the execution of the play. Lazy arse receiver and the QB didn't roll to the sideline. The defensive effort on the final play was definitely uninspired.

Punter1

Did the refs screw up? Undoubtedly. And it was equally apparent that precisely no coach on the field nor in the booth knew enough about the rule to challenge the officials on it. I didn't have a problem with the play call nearly as much as I did with the execution of the play. Lazy arse receiver and the QB didn't roll to the sideline. The defensive effort on the final play was definitely uninspired.

I don't think the QB and or WR...but mostly QB...were told very well how to make it look. Lemme correct myself...good play call bad execution because coaches didn't make sure QB was going to execute it right.

And I also agree...at the time the rule seemed fine.

It all adds up to Okie Lite looking awful by claiming a victory in that game.

Pharm Frog

I don't blame them. This is a rare instance where you can roll back the call without getting into twilight zone debates. The game was over, the refs screwed up

Did not realize that. Could have sworn that the game wasn't over. Pretty certain I saw CM score a touchdown with two teams competing on the field and refs officiating. Let's not make this out to be 1972 Olympic basketball.

jake102

Did not realize that. Could have sworn that the game wasn't over. Pretty certain I saw CM score a touchdown with two teams competing on the field and refs officiating. Let's not make this out to be 1972 Olympic basketball.

The game was over. The refs incorrectly extended it.

Pharm Frog

The game was over. The refs incorrectly extended it.

Partial truth. Incorrect or not...the game was obviously not over. Refs are incorrect all the time but they are the final arbiters of when the game is over. They can throw a flag on the defense and extend a game as long as they want to. Done with the debate because Okie Lite lost the game and it will forever be so and no amount of engraving on rings will change that. Maybe college football could adopt a "provisional play" policy or better yet, allow coaches to put a game "under protest" like baseball. Did Okie Lite get screwed? Yep.

BTW: running a "provisional play" or allowing a game to proceed "under protest" was sarcasm.

Frog DJ

I only know one (count 'em - one) OSU grad, but I've known him since elementary school, and he's very proud of his alma mater.

He is a extremey level-headed, logical and clear-eyed individual who doesn't let his opinions or passions cloud his judgment.

Without even talking to him, I can assure you this episode deeply embarrasses him on behalf of his beloved school.

He would be the first to declare this is petty and silly, and he would denounce Mike Gundy as a fool for doing it.

Go Frogs!

Last edited: