• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State opens as 12-point favorite over TCU

MinFrog

I would have guesses 9.5. 12 seems high with how good TCU's defense will be. Should be able to keep them in the 20's, just depends on if we can score.

Wexahu

I would have guesses 9.5. 12 seems high with how good TCU's defense will be. Should be able to keep them in the 20's, just depends on if we can score.

Yep. I expect a grind-it-out, field position kind of game. There's little doubt in my mind that GP is going to play it very close to the vest on O and rely on his defense to keep it close into the 4th quarter. I think they'll have some trouble moving the ball consistently on us, it'll come down to whether we can do anything offensively without turning it over. Their D-line vs our O-line is the matchup that concerns me.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Vegas knows ... Hopefully this gap is to attract people to bet and as the day gets closer the number gets lower. Or Vegas thinks Ohio State is going to have one heck of a team.
The opening spread is based strictly on where the teams rank in the computer strength models. The computers think that OSU is 12 points better than we are.