• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State Home and Home?

frognutz

Once the let down settles in, we still have a great game on our hands.

I've never had more fun losing a game than TCU/LSU.

Hopefully, it will be a matchup of another 2 top 15ish teams again for 2018. Still get a little bit of a sports chub from being there for BJ's 100 yard return.

Oh, and as an east side ticket guy, I'm additionally pumped about air conditioning for a September game,

Last edited:

DeuceBoogieNights

The more I think about this the more frustrated I am. Not only do we lose the home game we now have to pay extra for the game at Jerry world. This might be the last year I renew my season tickets. Doesn't feel like TCU gives two ships about their fans. Even worse when we have to sit through the fcs games.

DeuceBoogieNights

The Cowboys approached TCU probably a year ago and wanted to move their home game to Jerry World,” Martin Jarmond, Ohio State's Deputy Athletic Director, Gene Smith's right-hand man and football scheduling guru said on Thursday at the Fawcett Center. “At the time they approached us and we weren't interested. They came back again and came back again and finally, we entertained it because TCU, mutually we agreed to go there. And they were going to pay us to go there.”

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...att-stadium-in-2018-adds-home-and-home-series

Wexahu

The CFP needs a rule that requires each team to play at least one true road game (not a neutral site game) in order to qualify for the playoffs. Or the NCAA needs to require it, or something.

I realize that it will never happen but it would immediately fix a huge problem and be great for college football.

Frog-in-law1995

I've been attending TCU football games for 25 years, and have parents that have been attending TCU games for 40 years. I have more perspective than I'm given credit for.

Having Ohio State play in the Carter was a once in a life time opportunity for TCU that was thrown away for a measly $5 million. In the grand scheme of things, that's a pretty irrelevant amount. So yes. I'm pissed the darn off.

Here's the thing. There are really only three options.
1. $5 million is a significant amount of money to our athletic department that justifies giving up a home-and-home with Ohio State;
2. The decision was really out of CDC's hands and he made the best of a bad situation; or
3. CDC and his staff are incompetent or are intentionally trying to disappoint TCU fans.

Which do you think is the most likely explanation?

edit:
or 4. This was a calculated move to improve our chances at a playoff.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Here's the thing. There are really only three options.
1. $5 million is a significant amount of money to our athletic department that justifies giving up a home-and-home with Ohio State;
2. The decision was really out of CDC's hands and he made the best of a bad situation; or
3. CDC and his staff are incompetent or are intentionally trying to disappoint TCU fans.

Which do you think is the most likely explanation?

Neither is the full answer. But #1 is the closest.

TCU has continued to toe the line between making the best economic decision and simply exploiting its fan.

I don't feel valued as a TCU fan. TCU views us as blindly loyal dollar signs that will do whatever they tell us to do, which to me, is a very poor "business decision" when you have as small of a fan base as we do.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

TCU has continued to toy the line between making the best economic decision and simply exploiting its fan.

I don't feel valued as a TCU fan. TCU views us as blindly loyal dollar signs that will do whatever they tell us to do, which to me, is a very poor "business decision" when you have as small of a fan base as we do.

I thought you just said $5 million was "pretty irrelevant."

Ron Swanson

TCU has continued to toy the line between making the best economic decision and simply exploiting its fan.

Toe*

Frog-in-law1995

Any TCU fan who wants to see us play Ohio State can now go to the game without having to buy season tickets or pay the equivalent of season ticket price for 1 game. That's not a bad thing, is it?

TCURiggs

Any TCU fan who wants to see us play Ohio State can now go to the game without having to buy season tickets or pay the equivalent of season ticket price for 1 game. That's not a bad thing, is it?

Attending the game at Jerryworld will cost at least half as much as a TCU season ticket, but probably much closer to the full price of a season ticket. That's a bad thing, IMO.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

We also just lost home field advantage because the stadium will be 70-30 for Ohio state. Great...

If that's the case, why is everybody so concerned about what their tickets would have been worth? Sounds to me like we would've had a 70-30 split in favor of Ohio State at ACS, too. The only difference being "fans" profiting instead of the school.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
If that's the case, why is everybody so concerned about what their tickets would have been worth? Sounds to me like we would've had a 70-30 split at ACS, too. The only difference being "fans" profiting instead of the school.

Grab a clue. Rather than that home game against a perennial top 10 team, you have the opportunity to spend an additional $1000 to watch a game in JerryWorld that should have been included with your season tickets. The payback? A 2029 date with Purdue which will probably never happen. As a season ticket holder, would you rather have the opportunity to watch TCU play Ohio State or Purdue, who is 3-30 in BiG games over the last 4 years and pay an extra $1000 for the pleasure? For anyone who prefers that, I have a bridge to sell them.