• The KillerFrogs

Officiating.....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Boesen's ejection was a pathetic and ridiculous call, and just the sort of thing this crew would pull. I seem to remember one of our defensive ends thrown to the ground and punched repeatedly in ACS by an OU lineman, with officials standing nearby. No ejection. Hell, not even a penalty was called.

The BIGXII assigned easily the worst crew to the most important game of the year so far. This particular crew is the one that screwed us out of the game at Tech in 2013, and has made numerous questionable, if not mystifying calls through their time of employment. Why the BIGXII places persons of such staggering incompetence in positions which have a great bearing on the outcome of games is curious. One would think they would endeavour to have game officials who were not eaten up with hallucinations and simple dumbassery. But, there they are. OU didn't need their help, as we stunk up the joint in what was supposedly our biggest showcase game of the season, but their early calls put the coup de gras to whatever faint emotional drive we had.

The BIGXII got what they wanted, and didn't have to resort to outright crookedness to get it.

Volare

If you think that was bad, wait until the CCG at Jerryworld! I would imagine new levels of incompetence will be reached in order to protect the Big 12s one chance at a CFP member. Especially given the retroactive rule changes that they initiated at the request of and to the exclusive benefit of BM and 0U.

Although I'm pretty sure the Big 12 will want a Bedlam rematch so we won't be participating.

Night97

Is no one going to talk about the non-roughing the punter call near the end of the game that was actually a 300 lb defensive lineman hitting our punter with the crown of his helmet?

Boesen's ejection was a pathetic and ridiculous call, and just the sort of thing this crew would pull. I seem to remember one of our defensive ends thrown to the ground and punched repeatedly in ACS by an OU lineman, with officials standing nearby. No ejection. Hell, not even a penalty was called.

The BIGXII assigned easily the worst crew to the most important game of the year so far. This particular crew is the one that screwed us out of the game at Tech in 2013, and has made numerous questionable, if not mystifying calls through their time of employment. Why the BIGXII places persons of such staggering incompetence in positions which have a great bearing on the outcome of games is curious. One would think they would endeavour to have game officials who were not eaten up with hallucinations and simple dumbassery. But, there they are. OU didn't need their help, as we stunk up the joint in what was supposedly our biggest showcase game of the season, but their early calls put the coup de gras to whatever faint emotional drive we had.

The BIGXII got what they wanted, and didn't have to resort to outright crookedness to get it.

Maponga. Stansley was not happy.

BleedNPurple

ESPN picked up on the Boesen ejection...what a crock of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

"TCU defensive end Mat Boesen was ejected from Saturday night's game against Oklahoma for kicking a defenseless player."

I sincerely hope the Big XII reviews that and fires the [ darn ]ing official. One of the worst calls I've ever seen in football.

Yes defenseless - as two OU players are keeping him pinned on the ground - should have been a holding call against OU!

Rabidfrog

Saw the incident in 29212, I believe it was. OU guy who our player down and was slugging him. And also the game in which they took a field goal away from us. The glare was in the officials' eyes.

WestTXFrog

Is anyone else concerned that the crying about officials over a game that we got smashed in makes us sound like losers?

I guess its just water under the bridge after GMFP cried about the refs after the Iowa state game and after most of our important losses the past few years. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that our fanbase emulates our coach.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Is anyone else concerned that the crying about officials over a game that we got smashed in makes us sound like losers?

I guess its just water under the bridge after GMFP cried about the refs after the Iowa state game and after most of our important losses the past few years. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that our fanbase emulates our coach.

Interesting screen name. But not very original.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Boesen was picked up and slammed down to the ground by an offensive linemen 20 yards from the play. That same linemen then body slams Boesen followed by a second offensive linemen body slamming him too and then they both laid on top of him and pinned him down and wouldn't get off.

Boesen was just pushing and squirming trying to get them off of him, and towards the end he kicked his leg in frustration (completely missing contact with anyone), but the ref was literally standing right there.

To eject him for that was so unforgivably bad, I can't even see straight.
Would it make you even more mad knowing that ref has west side lower bowl seats and +4 that he always sells to opposing teams?

BleedNPurple

It’s ok to have an “official whining” string. We need someplace to hit the wall with a stick.

The officiating was very one sided and it was amazing the hands to the face the OU line was doing all night. The thing about it is it happens every time we play them and they get away with murder - but we talked all week about how it was going to happen and it did - no surprises there.

I would think CGP would have already conditioned our team on how this was going to go and to not lose our cool over it.

If we make it to Arlington hopefully we’ll get a more level playing field. There’s a lot still left to play for! Get the wheels back on Frogs!

Limp Lizard

Followed by a few posters?
She-finally-went-music-world-releasing-Rumors-2004.gif

Lone Frog

It’s ok to have an “official whining” string. We need someplace to hit the wall with a stick.

The officiating was very one sided and it was amazing the hands to the face the OU line was doing all night. The thing about it is it happens every time we play them and they get away with murder - but we talked all week about how it was going to happen and it did - no surprises there.

I would think CGP would have already conditioned our team on how this was going to go and to not lose our cool over it.

If we make it to Arlington hopefully we’ll get a more level playing field. There’s a lot still left to play for! Get the wheels back on Frogs!

If we win the next two and make it to Arlington it'll be worse. Yeah, the game won't be in their stadium, but it'll be the difference in whether a Big 12 team goes to the playoff or gets left out for the third time (as there's no way either of us is getting in with two losses). The conference doesn't want that to happen. I have a feeling the officiating in the championship game will make Reggie Smith's crew last night look eagle-eyed and even-handed.