• The KillerFrogs

Officiating.....

hiphopfroggy

Can someone give a rundown of what happened? I was at an event at the Worthington last night and watched it with no sound amongst 2000 strangers. What happened on the FG? Non-Song made it. We get a flag. Someone calls me away for two minutes and suddenly it's OU ball and we still have 7.

FG was called a false start, it may have been but no replay and Im not sure if they gave a # on that one.

AroundWorldFrog

ESPN picked up on the Boesen ejection...what a crock of [ Finebaum ].

"TCU defensive end Mat Boesen was ejected from Saturday night's game against Oklahoma for kicking a defenseless player."

I sincerely hope the Big XII reviews that and fires the scheissing official. One of the worst calls I've ever seen in football.

Joe1000

What really sucks is - we got flat out out coached and out thought. It’s tough to understand a rookie head coach just whipping GP’s ass like that, but that’s what happened. This loss is 100% on the coaches. That was Gary’s worst performance of his career.

SnoSki

I wish someone had a better camera replay of the supposed kicking penalty.

It looked to me like Boesen was being pinned down by two OU OL well after the play had passed them and I couldn’t see any kick. Not saying it was a bad call but I wish we had something to see.

SnoSki

What really sucks is - we got flat out out coached and out thought. It’s tough to understand a rookie head coach just whipping GP’s ass like that, but that’s what happened. This loss is 100% on the coaches. That was Gary’s worst performance of his career.

61-58 in Waco and the 70-35 loss in Lubbock were far worse to lesser opponents

TCURiggs

ESPN picked up on the Boesen ejection...what a crock of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

"TCU defensive end Mat Boesen was ejected from Saturday night's game against Oklahoma for kicking a defenseless player."

I sincerely hope the Big XII reviews that and fires the [ darn ]ing official. One of the worst calls I've ever seen in football.

For the record, GP said from what he saw it looked like he kicked at the guys and deserved to be ejected.

HG73

We have time consuming replay because officials bet on the games. We all know they do, you can't care as much about the game as these officials do without betting on the games, and other sports have proven this. And once you start, then organized crime gets hold of you, and you're done. So replay keeps them honest, to a degree. But the ejections can have a big effect on the outcome too. Can replay reverse a targeting (ejection) call?

TCUSA

It may be uncouth to call out the refs after a loss, but this was atrocious. By far the worst officiating I have ever seen in football. 2010 game 7 NBA finals level garbage. The refs took over the game from the start and you could tell the Frogs were shellshocked and confused by all the outrageous calls. Big12 deserves to die after that clown show last night. I will always watch the frogs but college football, like the NBA in 2010 just lost a fan. I wonder if there is a single uncorrupted industry left.

You must not have been around in the SWC days. This was standard for our games against A&M and UT. It was like taking a ride in the Wayback Machine.

TCUSA

What was most disturbing about last night was that usually, I know the bigger the game, the better we're going to play. That decidedly wasn't the case last night. And it wasn't limited to QB play, but that was a big part of it.

tcumaniac

Boesen was picked up and slammed down to the ground by an offensive linemen 20 yards from the play. That same linemen then body slams Boesen followed by a second offensive linemen body slamming him too and then they both laid on top of him and pinned him down and wouldn't get off.

Boesen was just pushing and squirming trying to get them off of him, and towards the end he kicked his leg in frustration (completely missing contact with anyone), but the ref was literally standing right there.

To eject him for that was so unforgivably bad, I can't even see straight.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

ESPN picked up on the Boesen ejection...what a crock of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

I sincerely hope the Big XII reviews that and fires the [ darn ]ing official. One of the worst calls I've ever seen in football.

Obviously he was defenseless, he was on offense

TCURiggs

Unless he kicked at a defender at a time that was not recorded on the game replay this is just Gary taking the high road. He knows we will see these officials again.

There's probably something to that. However, unless I missed something, we saw about one second of Boesen on the replay and it looked like a bit of a kick to me. He certainly didn't throw a roundhouse or anything, but stupid of Mat to do that any way you slice it.

jake102

There's probably something to that. However, unless I missed something, we saw about one second of Boesen on the replay and it looked like a bit of a kick to me. He certainly didn't throw a roundhouse or anything, but stupid of Mat to do that any way you slice it.

I dont like the ejection, but very stupid by Boesen.