• The KillerFrogs

Officials

kodiak

It has been said already, but another shout out to improved Oline play. The new coach really got those guys to reduce penalties this year. Seems to me that reducing Oline penalties help to keep third downs manageable.

Paint It Purple

A big thank you to the Alamo Bowl SEC officiating crew, who were conspicuous by their absence. Only four penalties assessed during the entire game. It was great to watch a game where the officials were not a major factor in the outcome.
It was mentioned at my house as early as late 2nd Q. They did not call some holds, but it was both sides. The XII's Mr muscle man would have had his mug all over the TV in this game. Great officials. It's a rough game and they let the teams play the game.

Pharm Frog

Curious as to why none of the close plays were officially reviewed? Haven't watched the TV replay yet, so maybe this was already explained.

It seemed to me that the officiating crew pretty much wanted to be anywhere but where they were. And may have been well aware that the list of available post-game restaurants would be very small if they extended the game by penalty or review.

Limey Frog

Gives you perspective on why SEC teams are as physical as they are...Crews don't call jack

Yep. Sometimes it's frustrating, but rather that than the Big XII approach of throwing a hankie any time someone farts near a receiver.

The only mistake they made was on the third down stop preceding Love's long TD run--that could have been costly. I thought our defense stopped that a good half-yard short and I never saw the pile move. But all's well that ends well.

Wexahu

Yep. Sometimes it's frustrating, but rather that than the Big XII approach of throwing a hankie any time someone farts near a receiver.

The only mistake they made was on the third down stop preceding Love's long TD run--that could have been costly. I thought our defense stopped that a good half-yard short and I never saw the pile move. But all's well that ends well.

We got a break on the same kind of play though when Gaines caused the fumble that lost them about 10 yards. I was fine with the calls but this trend toward swallowing the whistle even when forward momentum is clearly stopped and allowing for those little rugby scrums at the end of plays needs to stop.

purpleshades

A big thank you to the Alamo Bowl SEC officiating crew, who were conspicuous by their absence. Only four penalties assessed during the entire game. It was great to watch a game where the officials were not a major factor in the outcome.
Great observation, DelFrog! That was the most well officiated game I’ve seen in a really long time. They essentially had zero to do with the outcome of the game which is how it should be. Very unlike many big12 games we’ve been apart of over the past several years.

I am not a SEC lover by any means but if that’s what it is like playing in that league than let’s go! The officiating in and of itself would make it worth it to go! The players played and the officials stayed out unless it was absolutely obvious. What a pleasure!

Punter1

Out of 4 penalties I don't think any were live action penalties. All pre or post play.

It was reffed like a summer league basketball game. Keep some order, make sure everyone is lined up right and let them play...

Frog DJ

The lack of holding calls became a bit frustrating at one point, but at least the zebs were consistent - they didn't call it on anybody.

Personally, I like it when they "let em play."

Go Frogs1

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Out of 4 penalties I don't think any were live action penalties. All pre or post play.

It was reffed like a summer league basketball game. Keep some order, make sure everyone is lined up right and let them play...
Illegal forward pass on turpin was the only live action penalty