• The KillerFrogs

OFFICIAL WORLD CUP THREAD

general125

I know Dish Network had FSC in HD, but I haven't been following developments to see if DirecTV picked it up yet. You would think directv would have FSC in HD since news corp owns both of them.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jul 15 2010, 12:21 AM) [snapback]597656[/snapback]
Not to mention the wall to wall coverage of the World Cup on ESPN. I can remember when the only was to see the vast majority of the games was to watch them on Univision. I actaully prefer that sometimes.

We actually had USA World Cup games outdrawing NBA finals games this year.

I remember watching the '82 World Cup on the old Spanish International Network, which was on channel 33 back then. The legendary Tony Tirado provided the play-by-play. (He was shouting "goooooooool" long before Andres Cantor became famous for doing that.) Times have sure changed since then. ESPN and ABC actually did a really good job of covering the World Cup this time, too, at least in the studio. Some of the game commentators were a bit dull (Martin Tyler...).

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(general125 @ Jul 15 2010, 08:24 AM) [snapback]597707[/snapback]
I know Dish Network had FSC in HD, but I haven't been following developments to see if DirecTV picked it up yet. You would think directv would have FSC in HD since news corp owns both of them.

News Corp doesn't own DTV. Liberty Media does.

toad horny

DirecTV has had Fox Soccer Channel in HD since the beginning of the year. Some of the English Premier games are not broadcast in "true HD", though.

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(toad horny @ Jul 15 2010, 10:07 AM) [snapback]597744[/snapback]
DirecTV has had Fox Soccer Channel in HD since the beginning of the year. Some of the English Premier games are not broadcast in "true HD", though.

That's frustrating