• The KillerFrogs

Official TCU - Oky State game thread

Pharm Frog

Make the trip to Stillwater next year. Great Gameday atmosphere an I have feeling TCU will be a lot stronger

Okay...I am gonna try to disagree without being disagreeable. First, I do not think that the Gameday Atmosphere in Stillwater is even mediocre much less "great". Have been in many, many collegiate scenes and this was not in the same hemisphere as greatness. Secondly, the best part about coming to a game at Stillwater is that you have about 50-50 odds on being able to pick up free tickets during game week (unless the Pokes are playing OU or UT). Thirdly, the vast majority of OSU fans were gracious hosts and I have no complaints about the behavior of any except for one gentleman (but we were warned about him prior to the game by OSU fans who were sitting around us). That said, the majority of folks around us were fully football illiterate. It was as if they thought they were attending a basketball or baseball game. After the Olabode/Hackett collision, there was actually some people around me who felt that TCU should have been flagged for "attempting" to have helmet-to-helmet contact with one of their players. During the review of the Boykin fumble/incompletion....I heard talk that it didn't really matter if he was throwing the ball because OSU had recovered it anyway. Completely inept...but nice conversationalists on non-football matters. Next....the extra-game entertainment including the sound system was awful. Next...although they did not play loud music when their team was on offense, they did show replay after replay during injury timeouts which I found to to be un-called for. Finally, there need be no further complaining about no-shows, people leaving at halftime, club-level patrons not in their seats, etc etc because this is obviously a non-unique issue. Have been to Kansas and now OSU this year and saw much of the same at each. Cannot speak for what happened in Waco though....