• The KillerFrogs

NY6 Bowl question?

Spike

If we play in Jerry World Dec 2, would they turn around and send us to the same stadium a month later? Would the players want that?

Is the fact that we even just played there a factor to the people who decide who goes where?

CountryFrog

If we play in Jerry World Dec 2, would they turn around and send us to the same stadium a month later? Would the players want that?

Is the fact that we even just played there a factor to the people who decide who goes where?
Maybe.

Some wouldn't, some would.

No.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area

The bigger issue: the bowl and chamber of commerce people want out of town guests to fill up hotel rooms and restaurants. I seriously doubt the Cotton Bowl wants TCU and therefore the committee will select someone else for that game. The criteria the committee uses to select all the NY6 bowl games is based on setting up the "best matchups". Said another way, they select the teams that will generate the best TV ratings and economic impacts for the hosting bowls. That's why big schools tend to get what they want in these situations.

TCUdirtbag

l

No as to the first part about whether it’s a factor. The big 12 participants are determined by rule. The NY6 games are selected by the committee members. The Ohio State game was offered by AT&T/ESPN. There’s a very real possibility we’ll play a stretch of 3 of 6 games at AT&T (Big 12 champ, cotton bowl, vs Ohio St.

It is reasonable to expect it to tamper TCU fan attendance but a big 12 champ matchup, a huge bowl vs. a team like ND, PSU, Auburn, Miami, etc., and a matchup against tOSU —- those don’t come around often and our fans will show up.

Spike

No as to the first part about whether it’s a factor. The big 12 participants are determined by rule. The NY6 games are selected by the committee members. The Ohio State game was offered by AT&T/ESPN. There’s a very real possibility we’ll play a stretch of 3 of 6 games at AT&T (Big 12 champ, cotton bowl, vs Ohio St.

It is reasonable to expect it to tamper TCU fan attendance but a big 12 champ matchup, a huge bowl vs. a team like ND, PSU, Auburn, Miami, etc., and a matchup against tOSU —- those don’t come around often and our fans will show up.

God willing I would be at all 3. Barring a last secong surge in business doubt I would go to Fiesta Bowl because I'm saving my $ for the Dodger Classic.