• The KillerFrogs

NY6 Bowl question?

If Oklahoma goes to a playoff does the big 12 automatically send someone to a New York six bowl? I know if the sugar bowl we're open someone from our league would have to go there.

f_399

And who gets the 2nd best big 12 bowl? The loser of the ccg or the 3rd best team that didn’t have to lose a ccg?

MAcFroggy

If Oklahoma goes to a playoff does the big 12 automatically send someone to a New York six bowl? I know if the sugar bowl we're open someone from our league would have to go there.

No. The big 12 does not get an auto bid if a team makes th playoff. If no big 12 team makes the playoff then one big 12 team is guaranteed a NY6 bowl bid

Last edited:

GoFrog Yourself

Highest ranked big 12 team that doesn’t go to the CFP will make a NY6 bowl. If no Big 12 team makes the cfp, the champ gets a NY6 and the second highest ranked big 12 team is at the mercy of the selection committee

ftwfrog

Highest ranked big 12 team that doesn’t go to the CFP will make a NY6 bowl. If no Big 12 team makes the cfp, the champ gets a NY6 and the second highest ranked big 12 team is at the mercy of the selection committee
Yes. It’s in the By-laws that TCU would get selected over Ohio State, Penn State, Georgia, Clemson, USC, and Notre Dame.

We’ve only got one thing left to do..win the whole scheissin thing.

So the way this reads we will be the highest ranked team that doesn't make the playoff. Meaning we will go if we lose to ou.

Zubaz

Of OU gets to the CFP, that is the auto-bid. Anything beyond that is an at-large pick. Entirely possible for the Big 12 to get a team to the CFP and the second place team goes to San Antonio.

Exception: The champion has an auto-bid, regardless of who the committee selects. So Penn State had an auto bid last year even with Ohio State getting a CFP slot. So if we won the Big 12 but OU still got to the CFP (which would never happen), we'd have an auto bid for the NY6.

With OSU losing today, they should be out. Will be interesting to see if a 3 loss TCU gets an NY6 bid if we lose the CCG.

Of OU gets to the CFP, that is the auto-bid. Anything beyond that is an at-large pick. Entirely possible for the Big 12 to get a team to the CFP and the second place team goes to San Antonio.

Exception: The champion has an auto-bid, regardless of who the committee selects. So Penn State had an auto bid last year even with Ohio State getting a CFP slot. So if we won the Big 12 but OU still got to the CFP (which would never happen), we'd have an auto bid for the NY6.

With OSU losing today, they should be out. Will be interesting to see if a 3 loss TCU gets an NY6 bid if we lose the CCG.

highest ranked big 12 team that doesn’t go to the CFP will make a NY6 bowl. If no Big 12 team makes the cfp, the champ gets a NY6 and the second highest ranked big 12 team is at the mercy of the selection committee

To me this says we get a ny6 bowl. We will be the highest ranked team that doesn't make the CFP. I think this role is in effect because we gave up our sugar bowl slot

GoFrog Yourself

So the way this reads we will be the highest ranked team that doesn't make the playoff. Meaning we will go if we lose to ou.

Yes, we should be the highest ranked non-cfp Big12 team. What’s confusing this year is whether #2 big 12 gets into a NY6 bowl. Typically we have a contract with the sugar bowl, but that’s a semifinal this year so (without doing any research) I’m not sure how that’s gonna work