• The KillerFrogs

Number one on my wishlist for this year's football team

National championship of course.

But to do that they have to be able to tackle (last year TCU suuuuucked at tackling) and cover the WRs especially the big long strike for huge yards or for the td.

SnoSki

This. All of this right here.

Yes, yes and more yes.

A kicker. A kicker who is automatic on pretty much everything inside 50 and still very good beyond 50.

The kicking game is a bigger factor than most want to give it credit for. Tired of close games that come down to a kick and it feels like a coinflip.

If I can't have that, then please give me a unit (don't care if it's offense or defense) that is the best in the Big 12.

ifrog

1. A kicker
2. A better game plan for KH that includes more running plays.
3. Give Hicks the Damn Ball.
4. Nixon or Turpin needs to touch the ball on at least every other play.
5. Better OC play calling on goal line.

Bruce Berry

We go or punt on all fourth downs.

I had just gotten over the terror of watching Skye catch punts and then had to endure our place kicking. I need a break.

Lone Frog

Yes, yes and more yes.

A kicker. A kicker who is automatic on pretty much everything inside 50 and still very good beyond 50.

The kicking game is a bigger factor than most want to give it credit for. Tired of close games that come down to a kick and it feels like a coinflip.

If I can't have that, then please give me a unit (don't care if it's offense or defense) that is the best in the Big 12.

A coinflip? You were more optimistic than me.

Deep Purple

more short side options
Nothing wrong with the SSO as long as it's called only occasionally as an unexpected play. But as we've learned the hard way in past seasons, when you rely on the SSO as a mainstay of your offense, it becomes predictable and very easy to defend.

Some offensive coaches love the SSO because it's run to the so-called "weak side," where there there's one less defender. What they forget is that, with less room to run on that side, the sideline becomes the missing extra defender. Defensive coaches know that, which is why they're comfortable with one less defender on that side.

If the defense anticipates the call, they don't even have to make a tackle. All they have to do is jam the running lanes and the ball carrier is forced out of bounds. In the past, we ran that play a thousand times for -2 to +2 yards. Not very productive when it becomes so predictable. Much more productive when when it's unexpected.

Tshirt Fan

Keep the same conditioning program as 2016.
Don't change a thing with the receivers.
Just let the QB do whatever he wants.
And ditch the hot outside practices for smoothie bars and AC.
Conserve LHCGMFP's voice for later in the season, like November.
And fans, don't worry about color blocking, just wear whatever the scheiss color you want.

Or man up and make this year with zero losses.....

talor

I'm sick of people bagging on the kicker. I get it we sucked there and it's easy to make them the scapegoat given their visibility. But its like blaming 1 missed free throw for losing a bball game...but forgetting the 18 turnovers, technical fouls, missed layups, etc. THE ENTIRE TEAM WAS GARBAGE, INCLUDING THE OC PLAY CALLING AND CLOCK MANAGEMENT FROM GP HIMSELF.