• The KillerFrogs

Number one on my wishlist for this year's football team

Limp Lizard

Ok, we all know the defense has to play well, and everything has to be better on offense, especially the QB has to make better decisions and throw better, and the receivers need to catch the ball better. But I am thinking about a non-technical thing.

I want the team to start the season playing very well and not injured. Even in our good years, we tend to limp into the beginning of the season and gradually improve so that by the 6th game we are a good team. But those first five games seem to set us back either with losses or injuries. Or both. Don't know all the causes; many could be beyond our control with age of players (older players get hurt less and are used to playing hard while exhausted/hurt), or talent level (our players have to playing at their maximum potential more than teams with a bunch of 5* players). But some of it has to do with our preparation, since it happens almost every year.
I realize that any good team will improve during the season, but it sure seems to me like we have had to make up more ground than other top programs. We need a fast start...then improve as usual.

matmoo123

I'd love to see us avoid the unforced errors and mental breakdowns that have plagued us the last year or two. Too many penalties, dropped balls, and even that consistent ability to fall for every fake punt/field goal we've ever encountered. Eliminate those and we are better in a hurry.

Wexahu

I'd like to see us get the nasty mean streak back and play with some fire. Last year's team seemed to not even care that much sometimes, that was probably as frustrating as anything. I think we started losing some of that edge in 2015 and it carried over into last year badly.

jake102

Run plays that make sense with the personnel on the field. A jet WR sweep with EPorter where the outside blocker is DWhite is a terrible idea. Same thing with throwing endzone fades to DWhite or any other shorter player.

And I want a real kicking game