• The KillerFrogs

Nov. 3, 2012 - Why I think You should have hope TCU wins in Stillwater.

TK2000

OkSt's season thus far has sort of been like Baylors non conf wins during Briles peak. Then they would always play a real Big 12 game and be brought back to earth. This is that game for Gundy and his boys. We will
hang with them

Austintxfrog94

Either Okie Light is on par with Bama and we have zero chance or SMU scoring 36 may have been a huge blessing in disguise. A two touchdown underdog :)

AustFrog

I was in Norman in 2005, in Clemson in (2009?) and in Pasadena. Pretty sure we weren't supposed to win any of those games. But things don't always work out like they are supposed to.

Frogo

I can't give you some schematic explanation of how TCU is going to attack some untested vulnerability of the Cowboy. Damn sure am not the guy to provide some advanced analytical that shows were TCU has the edge or has uncovered some Vegas better angle that favors the Frogs this upcoming Saturday.

For the past week all I have read, seen, and heard is how thsi Oklahoma State offense is unstoppable and for many three weeks into the season it is a foregone conclusion that whichever team wins the rematch Bedlam Game aka The Big 12 Championship Game will be heading for a slot in the College Football Playoffs.

So what has given me hope and should give you hope that the Frogs can win in Stillwater on Saturday? How about November 3, 2012?

If you recall 2012 was a bit of a rough year for the Frogs. Small problem in February, starting quarterback was ummm..."lost" for the season, and the Frogs were 2 -3 in their inaugural Big 12 season as they headed up to Morgantown, WV. Not such a big challenge. Just find a way to slow down what looked to be an unstoppable offense led by quarterback Gino Smith and receivers Stedman Bailey and Tevon Austin. No problem. Even when Austin's punt return put WVU back up by 7 points with around three minutes to go no problem.

Every time in that game it looked like the Frogs were done that team found a way to get back in the game. Yes, they caught some breaks such as Merka's fumble recovery or Boyce slipping behind the Mountaineer secondary on the 94-yard catch and run that tied the game. In those cases as well as others they weren't gifts, but instead plays made by a team that went into game with belief they could win the game. We saw some known players add to their rep and new one's such as Derrick Kindred seemingly come out of nowhere and lead the defense in tackles.

I can't tell you how or why the 2017 Frogs will be able to go into Stillwater and win, I just know that in the past, on the road when it has looked like the Frogs had no chance, they have seemed to find a way under Coach Patterson which gives me hope.

You were prescient.

netty2424

No, but that is funny. That was an email address from many years ago when I first registered for KFC. Don't know why that would show all of a sudden. Funny.
Think it had something to do with switching over to the new servers not long ago. Some really super technical nerdy IT coding stuff. Or just a username change. Not sure which.