• The KillerFrogs

Not sure what makes me want to puke more...

Joe1000

I’ve personally known the past 4 AD’s. I’ve tried to warn about CDC for quite some time. I always thought he’d go to LA...but either way...every time he smiled through his teeth about “TCU” (aka - his job)....I knew this day as coming.

OmniscienceFrog

I’ve personally known the past 4 AD’s. I’ve tried to warn about CDC for quite some time. I always thought he’d go to LA...but either way...every time he smiled through his teeth about “TCU” (aka - his job)....I knew this day as coming.
Warned about what? That he would leave for another job someday?

I'd say he did his job. TCU is a whole helluva lot better off now than it was the day he arrived as the AD.

And yeah, if you thought that he was suddenly like a lifelong fan of TCU, and would remain so forever when he took the job, then you are the one that had the problem. Guess what, the UT job is just that too for him, a job. If UT fans think he's suddenly the biggest UT fan there ever was since he's working for them now, then they are just as delusional.

MinFrog

It was a business transaction. TCU is better off and CDC for his stepping stone up to the UT job. It is what it is.

He was never a lifer like GP (or hopefully Schlossnagle and Dixon), he was here to get the next job. And that is probably what UT is for him also. I bet he ends up back west. He better he is big enough for the UT job, cause he will find out that is a whole bother animal.

Austintxfrog94

another loss to OU or the continual fake longhorn love fest tweets from CDC...

Both very offensive....

May the Horned Frogs beat the crap out of both programs more often than not in the coming years...
You mean he’s doing the things that made him successful at TCU at Texas now? Come on man, he’s an executive not an ideologue. He did a great job for TCU while he was here and I wish him the best at Texas In everything not related to TCU. I agree on beating Texas and Oklahoma more often than not in the future.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

He did a great job here, and I thank him for it. Now he’s gone off to another job. He will leave there some day too. He would make a very good commissioner of the Big 12 in the future. It is strange to see him in orange, but they are the ones paying him now.

Surfrog

I would not have a problem if he went somewhere in the Pac12, Big10, basically any conference but ours. Problem is, he made a lateral move.

While at TCU, he preached on and on about "loyalty," "you are my family," and "this is my home." He talked about how his family fostered others while he was growing up and how TCU student athletes were like his children, he talked about how TCU does things right.

Going to an IN CONFERENCE, IN STATE opponent is NOT "doing things right."

It lateral move in conference. Most coaches have a clause which prevents them making a lateral move. OSU sued Joe Wickline when he moved from OSU to Texas after it was reviled he was not in a play calling role. If players want to transfer in conference, they loose two seasons of eligibility. Hell, most normal jobs have a non-compete or post-employment restriction clause

Again, if he had gone to any other conference I would be happy for him. But, because he chose to stay in conference, he is nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

I'd rather someone be straight up like Coach Patterson with "never say never" than Del Conte's "this is my home" and "you are my family."

hiphopfroggy

OU loss was sickening. Launch near half court 3, get offensive rebound over 2 Frogs and kick out for game winning 3, just how coach Kruger drew it up. Yea, %$%^ OU first and foremost.

As for the new AD I am excited. Heard Fran say AD JD has already started his own sports agency. I like that the new TCU AD owns a sports agency, seems like a situation where everyone wins.

Last edited: