• The KillerFrogs

Norman Transcript: OU defense hoping to avoid another big game from TCU’s Hill

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Norman Transcript: OU defense hoping to avoid another big game from TCU’s Hill

By Tyler Palmateer | CNHI Sports Oklahoma

NORMAN — Oklahoma pass rusher Ogbonnia Okoronkwo helped apply heavy pressure to TCU quarterback Kenny Hill a season ago, tallying two of OU’s four sacks.

How much that pressure bothered Hill is up for debate. His 449-yard, five-touchdown passing performance in the Sooners’ 52-46 win remains arguably his best game in a TCU uniform.

Hill hasn’t produced another 400-yard passing game since, but OU can’t take the senior lightly, especially as it tries to bounce back from surrendering 52 points and 661 total yards at Oklahoma State last week.

Read more at http://www.normantranscript.com/spo...cle_01041d69-6ea6-570c-aba0-24a94408b259.html

ifrog

How in the hell did he pass for almost 500 yards and 5 touchdowns? He throws off his back foot and cant make a completion past 20 yards.

Planks

Taj Williams also torched OU last year for 210 yards and 2 touchdowns in last year’s game. Too bad it hasn’t worked out for him this year, OU secondary has some injuries and looks vulnerable this weekend.

jake102

Ironically, both TCU and OU are hoping to avoid the Kenny Hill "big" game.

Also, we didn't introduce OU to Darius Anderson in last year's game. Hope they enjoy it.

WhatTheFrog

It will be a completely different story this year, or at least it better be. TCU will control TOP by a large margin with a ton of running yards. 0U will have squat for rushing yards. My only concern in this game is our secondary covering their receivers (a la ISU). DL will do what it does.

We really should win this game in a lower scoring affair, regardless of how many PI calls go against us (to an extent). The only thing that worries me in that regard is that we are at 0U. Home cooking abounds with the blue bloods.

kidkarr

Our rush D is stout, but OU will bust 1 big one as they always do. They throw down field so much that we will blow an assignment. Need Kenny to outgain Baker on the ground and I will like our chances. If they are down 2 safeties for the first half, Hill should be able to exploit that both in the air and on the ground.

Sebastian S

Taj Williams also torched OU last year for 210 yards and 2 touchdowns in last year’s game. Too bad it hasn’t worked out for him this year, OU secondary has some injuries and looks vulnerable this weekend.
Don't close the book on Taj yet.

I think he is still a valuable asset that could come up big, especially with the way OU's secondary has played. He maybe that secret weapon we need.

Sebastian S

OU is due a bad game every year.

I discount Iowa state because it turns out they were actually good.

Let's give Baker his worst game of the season/his career.

Horny4TCU

Article references Hill's ability to run... We sure don't see him choosing that option enough this season. We have the backs, but I think he doesn't read the defenses well enough to be trusted with the option.

Prove me wrong this weekend, Kenny. Prove me wrong.