• The KillerFrogs

No excuse for calling it a ground-rule double

2314@work

Contributor
No reason in the world the umps at the Ranger game had for NOT reviewing Josh Hamilton's home run. Good gosh, that's why they have the technology available for replay.
Reason given was umps said no need to go to replay.
Replay clearly showed it cleared the wall.
So, what really happened is, an umpire saw something that didn't happen. Uh, I think that means he is unqualified to call MLB.
Being bull-headed is another reason for dismissal.
Should be fired. No argument. Bottom line.

QUOTE(2314 @ May 19 2010, 07:29 PM) [snapback]561760[/snapback]
No reason in the world the umps at the Ranger game had for NOT reviewing Josh Hamilton's home run. Good gosh, that's why they have the technology available for replay.
So, what really happened is, an umpire saw something that didn't happen. Uh, I think that means he is unqualified to call MLB.

Good thing you've never made a mistake in your life.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ May 19 2010, 08:48 PM) [snapback]561766[/snapback]

The problem is there's a rule and technology in place, and there should have been a review. It was in question. Not sure how much Wash argued for it, but it seemed like the ump making the call was uncertain initially.

geno

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 19 2010, 08:08 PM) [snapback]561774[/snapback]
The problem is there's a rule and technology in place, and there should have been a review. It was in question. Not sure how much Wash argued for it, but it seemed like the ump making the call was uncertain initially.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(geno @ May 19 2010, 09:32 PM) [snapback]561780[/snapback]

Obviously, you and Imreallysteelnotfrognasticator weren't watching the game.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(geno @ May 19 2010, 09:32 PM) [snapback]561780[/snapback]

Methinks I'm a Rangers homer and my team got robbed. No reason for the umpiring crew to go review the video per the rule.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Lomez @ May 19 2010, 09:39 PM) [snapback]561785[/snapback]
You are right, 2314. Only a fool would argue.

Lomez, you are wise.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ May 19 2010, 08:29 PM) [snapback]561760[/snapback]

Because he missed it to begin with doesn't mean he is unqualified to call MLB. It means he made the wrong call. Happened all the time before they had review. However, have no idea why they didn't review it. Probably because nobody on the Rangers (including Hammy and Wash) fussed about it. Bet you money had Wash came out and said his piece and threw a fit about it they would have took a look. Elvis is about to get it done right here anyways and then Frankie will shut it down in the 9th (did I really just say Frankie was going to shut it down??)

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ May 19 2010, 09:52 PM) [snapback]561791[/snapback]
have no idea why they didn't review it.

Because ump too bull-headed and egotistical to believe he could ever be wrong.
Grounds for dismissal. Blatant rejection of written rules. Plain and simple, didn't do his job.
All bases (no pun intended) should be covered AT ALL TIMES.
He, obviously, is an an unqualified umpire.
And FOAP, don't just argue with me to impress your boyfriend, Shack.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How about the Yankees protesting their game last night with Boston on grounds the Red Sox were allowed to let a reliever take all the time he wanted on a chilly night to warm up even though there was no ruling on the field of an injury to the pitcher ...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 19 2010, 10:00 PM) [snapback]561795[/snapback]
How about the Yankees protesting their game last night with Boston on grounds the Red Sox were allowed to let a reliever take all the time he wanted on a chilly night to warm up even though there was no ruling on the field of an injury to the pitcher ...

Yankees have nothing to [Deleted] about.
The umps cost the Rangers a run and now the game is tied in the 9th.
There had better be retribution.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ May 19 2010, 09:58 PM) [snapback]561793[/snapback]
Because ump too bull-headed and egotistical to believe he could ever be wrong.
Grounds for dismissal. Blatant rejection of written rules. Plain and simple, didn't do his job.
All bases (no pun intended) should be covered AT ALL TIMES.
He, obviously, is an an unqualified umpire.
And FOAP, don't just argue with me to impress your boyfriend, Shack.

I'm not arguing with you. I just don't think because an ump missed a call that it means that he is unqualified to be an MLB ump. I am sure Durwood Merrill missed 100s of calls in his day but he was considered a great ump....

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 19 2010, 10:00 PM) [snapback]561795[/snapback]

How about when Josh Hamilton just ran to second base on a fly out vs KC a few games back without tagging up, and NOBODY on the entire Royals team noticed. Probably cost them that game. Also might have cost Hillman his job.

Spike

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ May 20 2010, 01:48 AM) [snapback]561766[/snapback]

Actually, 2314 once made a mistake, just to see what it felt like. Stay thirsty my friends.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Spike @ May 19 2010, 10:08 PM) [snapback]561806[/snapback]
Actually, 2314 once made a mistake, just to see what it felt like. Stay thirsty my friends.

Wow! They found a way to win, again.
I think this is a good sign.
Ump off the hook.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ May 19 2010, 10:19 PM) [snapback]561813[/snapback]
Wow! They found a way to win, again.
I think this is a good sign.
Ump off the hook.

Good. Glad you see things my way and realized you were wrong about the ump being unqualified. :biggrin:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ May 19 2010, 10:22 PM) [snapback]561815[/snapback]
Good. Glad you see things my way and realized you were wrong about the ump being unqualified. :biggrin:

I just hope - when the ump sees the tape - he feels shame.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ May 19 2010, 10:08 PM) [snapback]561805[/snapback]
How about when Josh Hamilton just ran to second base on a fly out vs KC a few games back without tagging up, and NOBODY on the entire Royals team noticed. Probably cost them that game. Also might have cost Hillman his job.

Hate to see that happen to Hillman